We know all the promotions and emails can be overwhelming this time of year, so we've created an edited series of three guides to help you shop the best of the Internet. In these guides you'll find a curated collection of our favorite items that are all made by brands we believe in.
Extending #GivingTuesday a few extra days, we're kicking off the series with our favorite gifts that give back, all made by companies on a mission to not just sell beautiful products but also do a bit of good in the world. We've rounded up a list of socially conscious gifts for that the stylish do-gooder in your life will love. Links and sources below, numbered from top to bottom.
1. Saddle Blanket Scarf // $120 from Block Shop, an LA-based studio that works with printers in Bagru, India to create these swoon-worthy scarves.
2. Adia Planter // $65 from yours truly - A personal favorite from Collection Two, these are hand carved by master artisans in Uganda. 10% of proceeds are also invested back into artisan communities.
3. Panama Hat // $100 from Shop Latitude - Handcrafted by Valdez, a fashion brand that ethically produces these beauties in Ecuador. We'll be sporting this guy on all future travels.
4. Seed Bombs with Slinger // $16 from Visualingual - A fun way to help nature lovers spread random acts of gardening. After all, who doesn't love a spontaneously-planted flower patch?
5. Maison Courier Bag // $228 from Apolis, one of our favorite socially motivated brands currently leading the "advocacy through industry" movement in social enterprise.
6. Golden Spikes Necklace // $115 from Rose & Fitzgerald - A stunning piece from this design-and-craft studio that employs artisans in Uganda (also, our partners in crime for the latest Uganda Collection)
7. Charity: Water Postcard Pack // $30 from Artifact Uprising - 100% of purchase funds clean water projects around the world. It's as simple (and as beautiful) as that.
8. Milma Desk Set // $95 for set of three from yours truly - Another favorite from our Uganda Collection, made by master artisans in a fair trade environment. 10% of proceeds invested back into artisan communities.
9. Tigist Clutch // $78 (on sale) from FashionABLE - A gorgeous, goes-with-anything accessory from a company committed to creating sustainable businesses for women in Africa.
10. Bixby Bike // $1950 from Shinola - Hand-assembled in Shinola's Detroit factory, this bike is progressing the brand's mission to revive the manufacturing community in the city.