For our last guide, we've rounded up some pretty things made by designers and makers we admire. These objets d'art are the perfect gifts for that hard-to-shop-for creative or design-minded individual in your life. We've curated the list for those who appreciate minimal beauty, edited styling, and a gift that is truly rare. Links and sources below, numbered from top to bottom.
1. Geo Stand Set // $60 from Yield Design Co - As functional as they are beautiful, these paperweights elegantly display cards or photographs on a creative's desk. Made in the coastal town of Saint Augustine, FL.
2. Ombre Scarf, $49.99 from Sseko Designs - Hand-dyed to create that stunning ombré effect, this scarf looks great, and it feels great knowing it was handcrafted by Fair Trade Certified artisans in Ethiopia.
3. Hex Bottle Opener //$48 from Moorea Seal - Made by Iacoli and McAllister in their Seattle studio, this little beauty serves as a great reminder to relish in life's everyday rewards. Bonus points: it's sold at Moorea Seal, where 7% of proceeds go to non-profit organizations.
4. Palermo Copper Butterfly Chair // $750 from yours truly - Handcrafted by our partner workshop in Argentina, the copper base adds an unexpected touch to this authentic 'BKF' style chair. Probably our favorite piece we've ever made so far.
5. Brass Arch Studs // $64 from Another Feather - 'Jewelry for the non-jewelry wearer,' Hannah Ferrara handcrafts each minimal design in her Portland studio. These are made using traditional techniques, recycled metals, and low impact studio practices. Not surprisingly, we love EVERYTHING Hannah makes.
6. Stay Foolish Wall Print // $30 from Julia Kostreva - This large-format poster brilliantly celebrates a simple mantra for those who think differently. Created and hand-pressed with an embossed seal by Julia in California.
7. Gold Rimmed Bowls // $40 for two from Suite One Studio - Born from a vision to make mealtime more beautiful, Lindsay Emery has created a stunning ceramics line. All pieces are still made by hand in small runs.
8. Grey San Pedro Throw // $195 from yours truly - Inspired by traditional Peruvian weaving techniques, this baby alpaca throw is hand-loomed to create a lighter-than-air, cozy feel. All made start to finish in a fair trade environment.
9. Walnut + Maple Servind Board // $69 from Apartment 34 x A Sunny Afternoon - Designed by Sarah Sherman Samuel, this rustic-meets-modern design is handcrafted by Sarah (and her father, Lee - how cute is that?!) to make the perfect gift for any hostess.