Our next roundup is a collection of items for the adventurous spirit, all made by brands with inspiring missions. Below is a list of essentials for the wayfarer that's set on blazing new trails, wandering the world, and drinking a bit of good whiskey along the way. Links and sources below, numbered from top to bottom.
1. Love Travel Guide //$49.95 from Shop Latitude - Handcrafted in India, these guides celebrate authentic, unexpected travel through that brilliant country. 10% of profits support Conscious Travel in India.
2. The Military Duffle Bag // $339 from The Whipping Post - Inspired by old military bags, re-imagined in high-quality leather, and handcrafted to last a lifetime of adventures. We love everything about this bad boy.
3. Palermo Tripolina Chair // $650 from yours truly - Handcrafted by our partner workshop in Argentina, this is just about the most epic camping chair around. It folds up and comes with its own travel bag, making it equally perfect for a safari adventure or a living room corner.
4. Transit Issue Camera Strap // $98 from Apolis - Each strap is cut, riveted, and assembled by expert leather craftsmen in LA.
5. American Prairie Reserve // $41.99 - If you're going to drink whiskey, why not save a nature reserve while you're at it? High West Distillery is passionate about the American West’s culture and natural beauty, so they donate 10% of profits to raise awareness of the great American Prairie Reserve.
6. Collective Quarterly // $80 for four issues - Our new favorite coffee table accessory. Each issue follows craftspeople to an offbeat location and explores their creative process. We love the stunning photography and storytelling that flows through the pages.
7. Ankole Tumblers // $65 for two from yours truly - Hand carved and ethically sourced in Uganda, these ankole horn whiskey tumblers make stunning drinking vessels and conversation starters. Made in a fair trade environment in collaboration with Rose & Fitzgerald.
8. Day to Night Coasters // $40 from United By Blue - Finally, coasters that play to our two vices: coffee and beer. Hand cut from fallen trees in the Wasatch Mountains, each coaster has a coffee design on one side and beer design on the other. Every purchase helps United By Blue remove 1 pound of trash from the oceans and waterways around the world. What's not to love?
9. Cinder Candle // $35 from The Obakki Foundation - The candle's scent of fired coals, river stone and dry woods were designed to remind you of its greater purpose: 100% of proceeds go directly to providing clean water and education in Africa. This candle looks great, smells magical, and does good - the gift trifecta.