Handwoven in Peru by
This handwoven wool rug artfully mixes modern, geometric design with the traditional flat-weave style of Peru. Featuring ancient Inca patterns and a desert-inspired palette, it truly is a thing of beauty. No two are exactly alike.
Each rug is meticulously hand-dyed and loomed by a cooperative of 26 weavers to ensure a rich color saturation and distinct quality that will last for years to come. All crafted in a fair trade environment, this piece took two weeks to loom.
- MEASUREMENTS: 6' x 9' or 8' x 10' (expect slight variation in sizing)
- MATERIALS: 100% sheep's wool - the most durable fiber in Peru
- COLORS: Light cream base with shades of crimson, rust, lavender, peach and black
- ORIGIN: Peru
- MADE IN SMALL BATCHES: Comes with hand-numbered tag
All our rugs are made from the finest natural materials. We choose pure sheep or llama wools, dye them carefully, and weave them for strength. Following these suggestions will ensure your rugs can be treasured for a lifetime.
Vacuum rugs lightly and avoid direct and prolonged sunlight exposure.
If the stain was caused by liquid, act quickly to prevent from drying – use paper towels to absorb.
When in doubt, professional dry cleaning is always going to be your best bet. If you do decide to take matters into your own hands, a few tips for you:
- For wine, coffee, or tea, apply a solution of warm water, detergent and white vinegar with a damp sponge. Wipe with clean cloth and let dry.
- For oil, chocolate, lipstick, nail polish, or ink, scrub or scrape the stained area first. Then apply a solution of hot water and detergent with a clean cloth to absorb as much of the stain as possible. If required, leave the wet cloth overnight before wiping with a clean cloth to dry.
Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated. Share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too!
Photos Don't Do It Justice
This is the third rug I have purchased from The Citizenry and I must say it is my favorite of all three. Don't get me wrong, I get compliments on my other rugs all the time and I quite like them a lot too (I would not have dropped over $1K on them each if I didn't...) However, this one takes the cake with its amazing bright colors and durability. This is the centerpiece of my media room because it adds so many neutral bright colors to the room. It feels so warm inside. I would get another if given the chance, but I should start buying furniture now...love all Citizenry rugs. Best purchase from The Citizenry to date.
Great pattern - dull color
When judging the TRUE color of this item - go by the actual “in-room” photos. Love love love the pattern. I was hoping the colors were as vibrant and “poppy” as shown in the isolated images. I was disappointed to find the bright oranges were really brown, reds were actually ox blood burgundy, etc.
I'm obsessed with this rug. The colors are exactly as pictured and the quality is amazing. I was a little nervous that the 100% wool rug would be a little itchy/scratchy, but it's not at all! Feels good on the feet and is holding up really well in my nursery for about a year now.