Handcrafted in Mexico by
This rug started as a conversation with Zapotec women about their favorite patterns and symbols. They chose this design because it features butterflies, traditional symbols of beauty and liberty.
This work of art takes a full week to complete. Each one is meticulously handwoven and dyed using all natural materials. All made start to finish in fair trade environment by a group of 14 Zapotec women who live and work in the Oaxaca region.
Small - 3'H x 2'W
Medium - 5'H x 3'W
- MATERIALS: 100% sheep's wool
- COLORS: Black, white, and grey
- ORIGIN: Mexico
- MADE IN SMALL BATCHES: Comes with hand-numbered tag
All our rugs are made from the finest natural materials. We choose pure sheep or llama wools, dye them carefully, and weave them for strength. Following these suggestions will ensure your rugs can be treasured for a lifetime.
- Vacuum rugs lightly
- Avoid direct and prolonged sunlight exposure
- Do not treat with stain products
- If a stain occurs, act quickly preventing it from drying (see below)
Tips for cleaning the most common household stains:
- The most important thing is to act quickly before the stain dries.
- If the stain was caused by liquid, use paper towels to absorb. Work gently from the edges toward the center, so the problem area does not expand.
- For wine, coffee, tea and (God forbid!) blood: absorb it quickly. Then apply a solution of warm water, detergent and white vinegar with a damp sponge. Wipe with clean cloth and let dry. If the stain persists, have it professionally cleaned.
- For spots of oil, chocolate, lipstick, nail polish, or ink: scrub – then soak – as much of the stain as possible with a white cloth or paper towel. Clean the rug professionally. Professional dry cleaning is always the best option for stubborn or dried stains.
Drop a Hint
Let someone you love know what's on your wishlist. Don't worry - we won't send them any other emails.