The Citizenry is seeking an experienced marketer to lead data-driven growth for the organization. This role will work directly with the Co-Founder/CMO to provide strategic vision for all acquisition and CRM initiatives, including being responsible for leveraging data to more efficiently acquire and retain customers.
The ideal candidate has a brain that thrives in the lands of PPC, SEO, LTV, CPA, and ROI. You should have a love for analytics coupled with a creative side that’s fired up about building a revolutionary, design-driven brand.
Working closely with Brand Marketing and E-Commerce Teams, you will lead marketing analytics; oversee paid social, search, display, content optimizations, and other acquisition channels (including setting up the roadmap and mechanics for The Citizenry’s first direct mail campaign).
You must be a high-level strategic thinker and day-to-day executer, meticulous about driving quality customers and conversion while maintaining LOW acquisition costs and HIGH lifetime value (easy enough, right?) The right candidate is excited to be an early employee at a young, venture-backed lifestyle brand and is eager to take on an array of responsibilities.
- Drive revenue growth for The Citizenry, with end-to-end responsibility for leading marketing analytics, recommending new acquisition channels, measuring results, and providing optimization recommendations
- Ensure The Citizenry maintains an efficient CPA while working with Co-Founder to scale/allocate budget
- Build and oversee analytics/customer data structure – develop initial segmentation strategies
- Daily management/optimization across all digital acquisition channels, leveraging AdWords, Facebook Power Editor, and other relevant dashboards
- Design CRM campaigns from concept to launch, including email and direct mail
- Work with Brand Marketing Director to build acquisition and retention programs that are aligned with brand strategy; continually generating ideas and influencing the development of high-quality creative marketing
- Work with E-Commerce Team to test new strategies to optimize promotional and drip email campaigns
- Report results on a weekly basis to the broader Marketing Team; use insights to continually optimize channels and identify upsell opportunities
- Meet deadlines on a fast-paced weekly schedule while maintaining high quality that aligns with The Citizenry’s premium brand experience
- Own The Citizenry’s relationships with various media agencies and vendors
- Roll up your sleeves and fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup).
- BS or higher degree with 5+ years experience in a marketing analytics and/or strategy role; experience in acquisition or CRM with an emphasis on driving revenue for an e-commerce brand is preferred
- Analytical and metrics-driven (but you have a creative side as well); ability to take vast amounts of data and pull out key opportunities for the leadership team
- Ability to jump in, quickly set up a plan, and be incredibly diligent in attribution and spend management
- Experience managing successful programs that improve acquisition, retention, and site optimization
- Advanced Excel and web analytics tools skills (GA, Adwords, Facebook, Pinterest, Outbrain, etc.)
- Ability to work cross-functionally, especially with creative teams managing concepts from beginning to end
- Self-starter; comfortable with ownership and high level of responsibility
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and commitment to continuous improvement
- Fast working, detail-oriented, and thoughtful. Bonus points for a sense of humor
- Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment
- Passion for the job and The Citizenry’s brand vision
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model.
In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August 2014, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, The Financial Times, Vogue, InStyle, GQ, Apartment Therapy, and Monocle.
Some benefits & perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Equity in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Friday breakfasts from the team’s favorite places
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
- Relocation package, if needed
If you would like to apply, please send an email to email@example.com including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Acquisition Marketing Manager Application – [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- Pick a number, any number, and tell us why it describes you. It could describe an interesting life experience, a unique or quirky accomplishment, or anything you'd like. Get creative. (250 characters or less)
- What excites you most about this role? What unique skills will you bring to the team? (7 sentences or less)