The Citizenry was created to celebrate the best craftsmanship around the world, and great storytelling is an integral part of that vision. We are seeking an Associate Marketing Manager to help tell our story across all digital channels, growing awareness and community engagement for the brand overall.
From art and films, to brands and the social landscape – we’re looking for someone who is constantly inspired by culture and craves to create content that invites the viewer to be a part of something bigger than themselves.
The ideal candidate is an out-of-the-box thinker who can take new ideas from strategic concept to creative execution. You must be action-oriented, ready to grow and manage ‘always-on’ social media and press communications. You must also have experience in digital marketing or PR, having worked on social campaigns for top brands. (Startup or e-commerce brand experience is a huge plus.)
You’ll be working directly with our Brand Marketing Director, Co-Founder, and Creative Team to develop copy, manage photo shoots, facilitate press/influencer communications, and curate content to support product launches and promotional campaigns. The right candidate is excited to be an early employee at a young, venture-backed lifestyle brand and is eager to take on an array of responsibilities.
- Work with the Brand Marketing Director to develop content strategy with a strong editorial calendar; partner with our Creative Team to execute
- Master The Citizenry voice and write copy for posts, product descriptions, partnership outreach, and blog
- Create and manage all conversations on social media– bring ‘voice of consumer’ to life for the larger team
- Grow influencer programs and work closely with Brand Marketing Director to develop content/campaigns
- Manage a press pitch calendar (driven by seasonality), proactively draft strong pitches, and manage outreach
- Help in the execution of photography (managing shoots) and curating imagery for site and social channels
- Assist in building strategic brand partnerships and creating compelling offline, pop-up events
- Assist in the development and execution of larger scale branded campaigns
- Leverage insights from social interactions (and customer database) to help develop loyalty campaigns
- Play an active role in weekly brainstorms to help develop marketing tactics that will push the brand forward
- Roll up your sleeves and fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup).
- BS or higher degree with 2-3 years experience in a digital marketing or PR role at a lifestyle brand or agency
- Strong written communication skills, able to work cross-functionally and draft press pitches with ease
- Experience managing brand stories and integrated campaigns, with an expertise in digital executions
- A stickler for the details – you obsess over the words and images that have a power to move people
- Strong copywriting skills are necessary; Photoshop skills a plus (if you don’t have them, be ready to learn!)
- Fluent in social media and the mechanics behind Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter
- Understanding of brand strategy and design/photography values
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and self manage against tight timelines
- Solutions-oriented, thoughtful and diligent. Bonus points for a sense of humor
- Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment
- Desire to grow along with The Citizenry team – ready to adapt in an entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Passion for the job and The Citizenry’s brand vision
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model.
In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August 2014, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, The Financial Times, Vogue, InStyle, GQ, Apartment Therapy, and Monocle.
Some benefits & perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Friday breakfasts from the team’s favorite places
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
- Relocation package, if needed
If you would like to apply, please send an email to email@example.com including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Associate Marketing Manager – [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- What is your 140-character (limit) manifesto or biography? Get creative.
- What excites you most about this role? What unique skills will you bring to the team? (7 sentences or less)
**Bonus points: Please include writing samples (short form marketing copy preferred) and/or links to examples of your written work. We are looking for samples that demonstrate voice and crafty word-smithery. **