Do you live to make people’s days? Think in terms of surprise and delight tactics? Have a killer memory when it comes to flash card games and remembering stories behind products? Never faced a problem you can’t solve? If so, The Citizenry’s Client Experience Associate may be just the position for you.
As an online-only brand, this is a critical role for the company – you will be the main touch point for clients with questions and comments. Your role is to build better relationships and help us create a best-in-class experience for our clients.
We are seeking excellent written & verbal communication skills, a naturally friendly and empathetic demeanor, data-driven mindset when it comes to decision-making, and most importantly, a desire to exceed expectations in fun, creative ways. You’ll have freedom to resolve issues in whatever way you see fit – no scripts here.
- Manage day-to-day client interactions – responding to inquiries and feedback, both online and over the phone. Every interaction is an opportunity to build a better relationship.
- Gather, analyze, and present customer feedback to the organization. You will know their comments and concerns and identify ways to make their experience better. You will be the customer’s voice to the rest of the team.
- Partner with the Operations Team to become an expert on all of the products in our assortment and actively manage inventory and ship dates on the website.
- Work with the Web Team to identify and improve any site usability issues.
- Work with the Marketing Team to brainstorm tactics to build client loyalty.
- Research leading client experience programs and provide ongoing inspiration.
- Roll up your sleeves and fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup).
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 to 2 years of professional experience. Bonus points for prior experience working with Desk.com software.
- People person. You’ve been described as well-spoken and you’ve got a great sense of humor. You’re a pro at email, chat, phone, dinner party conversations – really, communication in any form.
- Problem solver. You think in opportunities instead of road blocks, and you’re quick to resolve any problems you come across.
- Quick learner & multi-tasker. You have a knack for picking things up quickly, and you can handle multiple projects and adjust priorities on-the-fly.
- Over-achiever. You have the desire to go above and beyond to make a customer’s day, and an unanswered email in your inbox is your worst enemy.
- Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment.
- Passion for the job and The Citizenry’s brand vision.
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model.
In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August 2014, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, The Financial Times, Vogue, InStyle, GQ, Apartment Therapy, and Monocle.
Some benefits & perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Team breakfasts every Friday morning
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
If you’re up for this challenge, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Client Experience Associate Application – [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- What excites you most about this role? And what unique skills will you bring to the team? (7 sentences or less)
- What brand creates your favorite customer experience & why?
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with The Citizenry may include video and phone interviews, projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every application, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify as a potential fit.