The Citizenry’s home décor collections celebrate the best craftsmanship from around the world for customers to purchase directly online. As an e-commerce company, we need the right individuals to help delight our customers at a moment’s notice and happily lend a hand if anything goes awry by phone or email.
Each customer requires VIP treatment so our team is built to provide approachable style advice, product clarification, personal shipping assistance, and a listening ear for any other questions or issues. Each day you will get the chance to chat with, surprise, and vouch for the people without whom The Citizenry would not exist.
You’ll have the opportunity to be an early employee at a fast-paced, growing company to build out the future of client experience. We’re looking for candidates based in Dallas to join our team, but will consider remote options upon review.
- Be the front line responding to customer inquiries by phone and email. You’re a stickler for timely follow-ups and make sure all pending inquiries are resolved by EOD.
- Work with Client Experience Team Lead to handle particularly tricky customer interactions.
- Work with Fulfillment Manager and team to manage orders, customer ship dates, returns, and inventory. Proactively notify customers of any updates.
- Become an expert on our products and artisan partners (including staying up-to-date on new product and collection launches) to be the go-to resource for our curious clientele.
- Always seek to improve the customer experience by researching best-in-class customer experience programs and providing ongoing inspiration.
- Proactively develop surprise and delight tactics that will push the brand forward and build customer loyalty.
- Roll up your sleeves and fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup).
- Minimum 2-5 years professional experience or be willing to start in a paid internship capacity right out of school (SAT or GPA required)
- Bachelor’s degree required. Backgrounds in english, communications, public relations, or marketing/ advertising preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with clients in retail or customer service for another e-commerce company
- Solutions-oriented, thoughtful and diligent - bonus points for a sense of humor
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and self-manage against tight timelines
- Salesforce Desk and Shopify experience a plus (or other CRM platform)
- Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment
- Desire to grow along with The Citizenry team – ready to adapt in an entrepreneurial start-up environment
For remote only — Must have technical equipment and quiet, professional environment for phone support.
BONUS: In Dallas or willing to consider relocation
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model.
In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August 2014, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, The Financial Times, Vogue, InStyle, GQ, Apartment Therapy, and Monocle.Some benefits and perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Three weeks/year flexible vacation time
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Friday breakfasts from the team’s favorite places
- Access to beautiful on-site gym
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
- Relocation package, if needed
If you’re up for this challenge, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Client Experience Associate - [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- What excites you most about this role? What unique skills will you bring to the team, and what previous experiences will you draw from? (7 sentences or less).
- What brand creates your favorite store experience & why?