The Citizenry’s home décor collections celebrate the best craftsmanship from around the world for customers to purchase directly online. As an e-commerce company, we need the right individuals to help delight our customers at a moment’s notice and happily lend a hand if anything goes awry by phone or email.
Each customer requires VIP treatment so our team is built to provide approachable style advice, product clarification, personal shipping assistance, and a listening ear for any other questions or issues. Each day you will get the chance to chat with, surprise, and vouch for the people without whom The Citizenry would not exist.
You’ll have the opportunity to be an early employee at a fast-paced, growing company to build out the future of client experience. We’re looking for candidates based in Dallas to join our team, but will consider remote options upon review.
- Be the front line responding to customer inquiries by phone and email. You’re a stickler for timely follow-ups and make sure all pending inquiries are resolved by EOD.
- Work with Client Experience Team Lead to handle particularly tricky customer interactions.
- Work with Fulfillment Manager and team to manage orders, customer ship dates, returns, and inventory. Proactively notify customers of any updates.
- Become an expert on our products and artisan partners (including staying up-to-date on new product and collection launches) to be the go-to resource for our curious clientele.
- Always seek to improve the customer experience by researching best-in-class customer experience programs and providing ongoing inspiration.
- Proactively develop surprise and delight tactics that will push the brand forward and build customer loyalty.
- Roll up your sleeves and fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup).
- Minimum 2-5 years professional experience or be willing to start in a paid internship capacity right out of school (SAT or GPA required)
- Bachelor’s degree required. Backgrounds in english, communications, public relations, or marketing/ advertising preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with clients in retail or customer service for another e-commerce company
- Solutions-oriented, thoughtful and diligent - bonus points for a sense of humor
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and self-manage against tight timelines
- Salesforce Desk and Shopify experience a plus (or other CRM platform)
- Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment
- Desire to grow along with The Citizenry team – ready to adapt in an entrepreneurial start-up environment
For remote only — Must have technical equipment and quiet, professional environment for phone support.
BONUS: In Dallas or willing to consider relocation
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
We believe a design can only be as beautiful as the environment in which it’s made, so we demand quality – not just in our designs we create, but also in the lives of the artisans we partner with. We partner with thousands of artisans to craft our exclusive collections, and on average, each is paid wages that are more than two times the fair-trade standard.
The Citizenry was recently named one of Fast Company’s Top 20 Most Innovative Retail Companies and one of Interbrand’s Top Breakthrough Brands of 2020. Since launching in August 2014, the company has been featured in The New York Times, Financial Times, Vogue, and many other publications.
We chose the name “The Citizenry” to reflect the collective of individuals – artisans, designers, and dreamers – who rally together across cultures and continents to set new standards for the industry.
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and believe our team is better when we have different perspectives, identities, origins, and abilities working together.
We welcome your application and look forward to getting to know you and your story.Some benefits and perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Three weeks/year flexible vacation time
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Access to a beautiful on-site gym
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Summer/Fall 2021: Flexible in-office schedule, planning 2 - 3 days in Dallas office
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
If you’re up for this challenge, please send an email to Caelie@the-citizenry.com including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Client Experience Associate - [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- What excites you most about this role? What unique skills will you bring to the team, and what previous experiences will you draw from? (7 sentences or less).
- What brand creates your favorite store experience & why?