Are you passionate about consumer data and insights? Test off the charts for people skills and creative problem solving? Get jazzed about building a best-in-class customer experience? If so, you might be the Client Experience Manager we’re looking for.
We are seeking a Client Experience Manager to play the lead role in delivering an unparalleled shopping experience for our clients. As an online-only brand, this is a critical role for the company – you will lead the most important (and only human) touch point for clients with questions and comments.
You’ll be working directly with our Marketing and Operations Teams so you must be passionate about gaining tremendous consumer insights and operations experience across all customer touch points. As the organization grows, you’ll also have the opportunity to lead recruiting, training, and managing new Client Experience hires.
- Work with the co-founders and Director of E-commerce to set the strategic direction for a best-in-class client experience. You’ll establish the framework and processes that guide our interactions with clients, and proactively identify opportunities to create a “wow” experience.
- Manage day-to-day client interactions – responding to inquiries and feedback, both online and over the phone.
- Be the go-to expert on all of the products in The Citizenry assortment and actively manage inventory and expected ship dates on the website.
- Utilize customer feedback to refine and improve existing processes. You will be the customer’s voice to the rest of the team.
- Partner with the E-commerce Team to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Work with the Marketing Team to execute tactics that build client loyalty.
- Research leading client experience programs and provide ongoing inspiration.
- Recruit, train and manage new hires for the Client Experience team as the business grows.
- Roll up your sleeves and fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup).
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years of professional experience in client experience, sales, consumer insights or marketing. Bonus points for advanced Excel skills or prior experience working with Desk.com software.
- Leader. You naturally lead by example and don’t hesitate to put in the extra time to get something right. Bonus points if you’ve managed a team in the past.
- Creative thinker. Problem solving is your forte, and you think in opportunities instead of roadblocks. You don’t get flustered and are always resourceful.
- People person. You’ve been described as well-spoken, and you’ve got a great sense of humor. You’re a pro at email, chat, phone, dinner party conversations – really, communication in any form.
- Data-driven and able to see the forest AND the trees. From thinking through a high-level initiative to implementing the details, you’re able to balance strategic planning and tactical execution.
- Proactive. Rather than waiting for a problem to pop up, you’re always thinking two steps ahead and anticipating how a decision could impact the client.
- Quick learner & multi-tasker. You have a knack for picking things up quickly, and you can handle multiple projects and adjust priorities on-the-fly.
- Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment.
- Passion for the job and The Citizenry’s brand vision.
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model.
In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August 2014, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, The Financial Times, Vogue, InStyle, GQ, Apartment Therapy, and Monocle.
Some benefits & perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Equity in a rapidly growing company
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Team breakfasts every Friday morning
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
If you’re up for this challenge, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Client Experience Manager Application – [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- What excites you most about this role? And what unique skills will you bring to the team? (7 sentences or less)
- What brand creates your favorite customer experience & why?
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with The Citizenry may include video and phone interviews, projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every application, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify as a potential fit.