The Citizenry was created to celebrate the best craftsmanship around the world and bring a more inspiring online shopping experience to home décor. We are seeking a Community Manager to create a similarly inspiring office environment for our growing team at The Citizenry.
Your mission is twofold - to create leverage for the founders, enabling them to spend time on strategic issues, and to design a welcoming, productive environment for the entire team. We’ll give you freedom to execute as you see fit.
You must be driven to accomplish more than the average person and desire to gain experience quickly. You must be organized enough to manage numerous projects & details; creative enough to solve new problems every day.
This is not a simple desk job. Expect to be challenged, building relationships and taking on new responsibilities. You’ll be working directly with our Co-Founder & COO on all team & office related initiatives. No prior experience is required but a hunger to learn and willingness to accept feedback is a must.
- Create an organized office environment, including moving office spaces, stocking supplies, and managing equipment, technology, and kitchen
- Manage extensive domestic & international travel, including pricing, booking, and building itineraries
- Post open jobs online, manage candidates in pipeline, arrange screening, interviews, and follow-up
- Welcome visitors & recruits
- Schedule meetings & calls
- Run errands & mail packages
- Submit team expense claims, process repeat payments and paperwork
- Plan recurring team meals & events
- Research & manage office services
- Maintain sample library for all final products as well as samples in process
- Bachelor degree is required; professional experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and self-manage against tight timelines.
- High energy; able to lift boxes as needed
- Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment
- Passion for the job and The Citizenry’s brand vision
- Proficiency in MS Office (specifically Excel/Word)
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home decor brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model. In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, The Financial Times, Vogue, Rue Magazine, Lonny Magazine, Domaine Home, and Apartment Therapy.Some benefits and perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Equity in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Monthly Health & Wellness Stipend ($500)
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Weekly catered lunches & breakfasts from the team’s favorite places
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
- Relocation package, if needed
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us in less than 7 sentences 1) why you’re interested in this position and 2) what companies you personally admire for their culture and why. Please title it “Community Manager Application – [Your Name]” and attach your resume.