The Citizenry was created to celebrate the best craftsmanship around the world, and great storytelling is an integral part of that vision. We are seeking a Marketing Associate to help tell our brand story across all touchpoints, with a key focus on social media, email, and blog.
The ideal candidate is strategic go-getter, someone who can take ideas from brand strategy to creative execution. You must be action-oriented, ready to grow and manage “always-on” social media, press, and email communications. You must also have experience in brand strategy, advertising, digital marketing, having worked on creative campaigns for top brands. (Digital lifestyle brand experience is a huge plus).
You’ll be working directly with our Brand Marketing Director, Co-Founder, and Creative Team to concept and create marketing content (social, email, and blog), facilitate press/influencer relationships, and manage product launches and promotional campaigns. The right candidate is excited to be an early employee at a young, venture-backed lifestyle brand and is eager to take on an array of responsibilities.
- Work with Brand Marketing Director to develop content strategy with a strong editorial calendar; partner with our Creative Team to execute. Bonus points if you have the creative chops (either with copy, graphic design, or photography) to take ideas all the way through to execution.
- Work with Brand Marketing Director to manage all creative initiatives—including large scale, multi-platform campaigns, email and social content, product launches, packaging and more.
- Manage social media channels – draft content calendars, schedule posts, and provide ongoing reports on social media performance.
- Act as the “always-on” voice of on social, including managing to resolution CX inquiries submitted via social channels to provide an exceptional brand experience.
- Manage email campaigns – concept email content, develop briefs for Graphic Designer, optimize for performance.
- Review all creative materials with a detailed and strategic eye to ensure they’re error-free, on-brand, and align with the goals of the project.
- Leverage insights from social interactions (and customer database) to help develop loyalty campaigns.
- Play an active role in weekly brainstorms to help develop marketing tactics that will push the brand forward.
- Roll up your sleeves and fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup).
- BS or higher degree with 3-4 years experience in a brand strategy, creative advertising or digital marketing role at a lifestyle brand or agency
- Strong written communication skills, able to write copy for marketing campaigns
- Experience managing brand stories and integrated campaigns, with an expertise in digital executions
- A stickler for the details – exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and self-manage against tight timelines
- Fluent in social media and the mechanics behind Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter
- Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign skills are a plus (if you don’t have them, be ready to learn!)
- Solutions-oriented, thoughtful and diligent - bonus points for a sense of humor
- Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment
- Desire to grow along with The Citizenry team – ready to adapt in an entrepreneurial start-up environment
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model.
In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August 2014, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, Fast Company, Forbes, The Financial Times, Vogue, InStyle, GQ, Apartment Therapy, and Monocle.Some benefits and perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Three weeks/year flexible vacation time
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Friday breakfasts from the team’s favorite places
- Access to beautiful on-site gym
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
- Relocation package, if needed
If you would like to apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Brand & Content Marketing Associate – [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- What is your 140-character (limit) manifesto or biography? Get creative.
- What excites you most about this role? What unique skills will you bring to the team? (7 sentences or less)
**Bonus points: Please include writing samples (short form marketing copy preferred) and/or links to examples of your written work. We are looking for samples that demonstrate voice and crafty word-smithery.**