The Citizenry is seeking an experienced analyst passionate about using data to transform the digital shopping experience. This role will work directly with E-Commerce and Digital Development to leverage cross-platform data and extract actionable business insights. You’ll fuel conversion rate optimization by identifying opportunities, establishing metrics to measure the success of on-site enhancements, and delivering the performance report card.
The ideal candidate is equally comfortable mining a dataset and distilling key takeaways for the broader team. You’re experienced in defining data inputs and building custom reports and dashboards to share KPIs across all levels of the organization. You must be well-versed in tag management (from strategy to implementation) and must speak “Google Analytics” as your second language.
Most importantly, you live for that “aha” moment when the data starts telling a story. Then, you know how to distill the story into infographics and visuals to paint a picture for the larger organization. Our dream analyst is excited to be an early employee at a young, venture-backed lifestyle brand and is eager to play a critical role in a growing startup environment.
- Use data to inform the full cycle of digital development: identify key opportunities for site enhancements, establish KPIs for measuring the success, and report results to broader team
- Transform complex data sets from multiple platforms into actionable insights
- Perform quality assurance for any new site features or functionality
- Own digital analytics roadmap and toolset; implement on-site tag management strategy
- Utilize BI tools to build custom dashboards, delivering at-a-glance access to KPIs for individual teams and across the broader organization
- Apply cross-platform data to build and refine user mapping and segmentation for marketing and e-commerce applications
- Work with Marketing to identify core business-driving segments and emerging opportunities to drive repeat purchases and develop a larger CRM strategy
- Monitor KPIs on a weekly/monthly basis; quickly identify and explain deviations from trend
- Roll up your sleeves and help fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup)
- BA/BS degree; preferably in consumer insights, data science, statistics, strategy/analytics
- 5+ years experience managing datasets and analytics strategies at a B2C brand with strong digital presence, or a digital advertising, CRO or analytics agency; bonus points for omni-channel experience
- Extensive experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and visualization software (Google Data Studio, Tableau, etc)
- Strong proficiency in Excel is a must; knowledge of SQL or Python (or R) is a plus
- Experience with CRM & customer lifecycle analytics (churn, CLTV)
- Understanding of the fundamentals of statistics and probability
- Familiarity with e-commerce platforms, e.g. Shopify, Magento, Demandware
- Basic knowledge of digital marketing & advertising (SEM, SEO, Google and Facebook ads)
- An absolute love of data, analytics, and uncovering the “why”
- Killer presentation and communication skills to share that “why” with Leadership Team
- A balance of detail orientation and ability to distill granular data into high-level takeaways
- Customer-first mindset & an understanding of the digital role in alleviating pain points
- Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment
- Passion for the job and The Citizenry’s brand vision
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model.
In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August 2014, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, Fast Company, Forbes, The Financial Times, Vogue, InStyle, GQ, Apartment Therapy, and Monocle.Some benefits and perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Equity in a rapidly-growing company
- Three weeks/year flexible vacation time
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Friday breakfasts from the team’s favorite places
- Access to beautiful on-site gym
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
- Relocation package, if needed
If you would like to apply, please send an email to email@example.com including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Digital Analytics Manager Application – [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- What are the 3 data points that define you? Get creative.
- What excites you most about this role? And what unique skills will you bring to the team? (7 sentences or less)
BONUS POINTS: Include a few links to sites that knock it out of the park when it comes to using data to create a high-converting user experience, while still building a premium brand. Tell us what they’re doing right.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with The Citizenry may include video and phone interviews, projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every application, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify as a potential fit.