The Citizenry is a direct-to-consumer home décor brand reinventing the way people access artisanal goods from around the world, and we’re seeking a Digital Product Manager to help us optimize the most critical part of our business – our site and analytics.
In this role, you’ll partner with our development agency to balance long-term strategic projects with ongoing enhancements and bug fixes. The ideal candidate is technically-minded, highly organized, and has a history of delivering projects on-time and on-budget. You’ll work cross-functionally to build requirements for projects that will enhance the on-site experience for consumers and improve processes for business stakeholders, and you’re equally comfortable sharing a project overview with executive leaders and writing technical specifications.
Challenging the status quo is in your DNA. You’ll gather quantitative and qualitative feedback to drive innovations on the site, applying a test-and-learn mindset to continually refine the user experience. You’re adept at transforming data into actionable insights, capable of owning a project from concept to completion. At the core, you’re passionate about building a best-in-class digital experience and eager to play an essential role in a growing, venture-backed startup environment.
- Partner with web development agency to execute product roadmap, prioritizing and managing strategic projects, weekly tasks and bug fixes
- Work cross-functionally with all areas of the business to ensure that product roadmap addresses critical needs for each team
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative data to identify opportunities to enhance the customer journey, improve conversion rate, and drive customer retention
- Produce technical specifications, wireframes, user stories and acceptance criteria
- Define measurable success metrics for projects
- Closely manage web projects to ensure on-budget and on-time completion
- Deliver recommendations for UI / UX based on industry best practices and competitive landscape
- Develop metrics dashboard, analytics, and weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting processes for the site
- Create and manage A/B testing roadmap to identify opportunities and demonstrate incrementality of improvements
- Ensure that The Citizenry’s website maintains the highest standards of accessibility and data privacy compliance
- Work closely with E-commerce team to identify technology solutions and vendors
- Manage departmental budget, ensuring appropriate allocation across partners and projects
- Roll up your sleeves and fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup)
- BS or higher degree with 5+ years e-commerce or product management experience, preferably for a leading retail brand or startup
- A data-driven, results-oriented mindset, equally comfortable using both sides of your brain to come up with outside-the-box ideas that have the power to move the needle
- Ability to balance strategic, long-term planning with business and technical constraints
- Strong analytical skills, with a proven ability to extract high-level insights from complex data sets
- Understanding of development methodologies and expertise in digital project management
- Extensive experience with A/B testing, conversion rate optimization, and UX design, including wireframe development
- Exceptional communication skills, with a proven ability to work cross-functionally and present concepts to non-technical users at all levels of the business
- Ability to translate a consumer and business stakeholder needs into a technical brief
- Demonstrated history of successfully managing projects from concept to completion with adherence to timelines and budgets
- Customer-first mindset & an understanding of the digital role in alleviating pain points
- Adept at managing internal and external teams
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and self-manage to meet multiple deadlines
- Google Analytics certification and Shopify experience strongly preferred
- Basic HTML skills a plus
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model.
In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August 2014, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, Fast Company, Forbes, The Financial Times, Vogue, InStyle, GQ, Apartment Therapy, and Monocle.
Some benefits & perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Three weeks/year flexible vacation time
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Friday breakfasts from the team’s favorite places
- Access to beautiful on-site gym
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
- Relocation package, if needed
If you would like to apply, please send an email to email@example.com including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Digital Product Manager Application – [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- What is your 140-character (limit) manifesto or biography? Get creative.
- What excites you most about this role? And what unique skills will you bring to the team? (7 sentences or less)
BONUS POINTS: Include a few links to sites knock it out of the park when it comes to creating a high-converting user experience, while still building a premium brand. Tell us what they’re doing right.