Are you passionate about analytics and new marketing technologies? Do you dream of building a best-in-class digital shopping destination? Get jazzed about customer journey mapping and optimizing that process? Cringe at poorly designed interfaces? If so, you may just be the Director of E-Commerce & Digital Strategy we’re looking for.
The Citizenry is a direct-to-consumer home decor brand seeking an experienced leader to optimize the most critical part of our business – our website, technology, and digital analytics. Our ideal candidate is someone who geeks out about databases, aspires to lead a growing Digital Team, and has experience managing complex projects.
You must be passionate about building a leading digital experience in home decor and eager to play a critical role in our growing company. On a daily basis, you will work closely with our Co-Founders and Web Development Team to do just that.
- BS and MS/MBA (preferred) with 7+ years e-commerce experience at a leading retail brand
- 3+ years experience managing teams to deliver digital products, startup experience a plus
- Results-oriented leader with ability to work cross-functionally across creative teams
- Ability to educate fellow team members on the latest technologies in order to raise group’s level of expertise
- Familiarity with ecommerce platforms, e.g. Shopify, Magento, Mozu, BluePort Commerce
- Experience building wireframes and familiarity with general CMS platforms, basic HTML skills a plus
- Jack-of-all trades digital marketer with working knowledge of the following strategies/tools: media buying (incl. video, social), analytics (Google, Coremetrics), SEO/SEM, Email/CRM (Mailchimp experience a plus)
- Interest in the home decor customer’s journey and digital role in alleviating pain points
- Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment
- Passion for the job and The Citizenry’s brand vision
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home decor brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model. In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, The Financial Times, Vogue, Rue Magazine, Lonny Magazine, Domaine Home, and Apartment Therapy.Some benefits and perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Equity in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Monthly Health & Wellness Stipend ($500)
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Weekly catered lunches & breakfasts from the team’s favorite places
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
- Relocation package, if needed
If you love the sound of this role and would like to apply, please send an email to email@example.com including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Director of E-Commerce & Digital Strategy Application – [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- What is your 140-character (limit) manifesto or biography? Get creative.
- What excites you most about this role? And what unique skills will you bring to the team? (7 sentences or less)