The Citizenry partners with artisans around the world to create home goods that blend our modern style with their time-tested craftsmanship. We sell these custom designs online, eliminating typical retail industry markups – so our customers get super premium goods, without super premium prices.
That’s where you come in. We are currently seeking an E-commerce Intern to assist with key site management tasks. You’ll be pitching in on everything from merchandising and content management to inventory control. This fast-paced opportunity will allow you to gain critical insights into what it takes to create a best-in-class digital destination. No two days are alike, so get ready to learn a ton (and have some fun while you’re at it).
- Assist with product launches, including management of digital assets, product setup, and merchandising strategy
- Routinely audit site content to ensure accuracy across product pages, collections, and landing experiences
- Assist in building out dynamic collections and landing pages for general site and email campaigns.
- Perform quality assurance for any new site features or functionality
- Assist with inventory management and collaborate with Operations team for ongoing reconciliation
- Partner with Marketing team to execute and update on-site content
- Research best practices across the digital landscape from competitors and emerging brands
- Roll up your sleeves and help fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup)
- Strong written and spoken communication skills – can quickly and efficiently share ideas and updates across teams.
- Digital guru. You’re all about e-commerce, you’ve got a beat on the latest and greatest in online retail, and you know how to spot a great user experience.
- Fast on your feet. Assimilating new technologies and skills is a snap for you (and a must in our fast-moving world!).
- All about the details. You pay attention to the little things that help create a seamless e-commerce experience.
- Problem solver. From identifying an issue to quickly identifying a creative solution, it’s all in your wheelhouse.
- Organized juggler. Prioritizing and tackling a list of to-dos for multiple projects is all in a day’s work for you.
- Sense of humor. You don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Bonus points for experience with e-commerce platforms.
- Passion for the job and The Citizenry’s brand vision.
- This is a part-time internship (~20 hours per week), and you must commit to at least 1 semester (3-6 months)
- Able to work consistent hours from week to week
- Able to bring laptop computer
- Able to commit to living in Dallas for the duration of the internship
- Must be pursuing a degree in business, e-commerce, marketing, or creative/advertising field
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
We believe a design can only be as beautiful as the environment in which it’s made, so we demand quality – not just in the products we create, but also in the lives of the artisans we work with. We partner with thousands of artisans to craft our exclusive collections, and on average, they are paid wages two times the Fair Trade requirement. Together, we are setting new standards for retail.
The Citizenry was recently named one of Fast Company’s Top 20 Most Innovative Retail Companies and Interbrand’s Top Breakthrough Brands of 2020. Since launching in August 2014, the company has been featured in The New York Times, Financial Times, Vogue, and many other publications.
We chose the name “The Citizenry” to reflect the collective of individuals – artisans, designers, and dreamers – who rally together across cultures and continents to bring our collections to life.
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and believe our team is better when we have different perspectives, identities, origins, and abilities working together.
We welcome your application and look forward to getting to know you and your story.
Click here to submit your application (no cover letter required).