The Citizenry partners with artisans around the world to create home goods that blend our modern style with their time-tested craftsmanship. We sell these custom designs online, eliminating typical retail industry markups – so our customers get super premium goods, without super premium prices.
That’s where you come in. We are currently seeking an E-commerce Intern to assist with key site management tasks. You’ll be pitching in on everything from merchandising and content management to email and inventory control. This fast-paced opportunity will allow you to gain critical insights into what it takes to create a best-in-class digital destination. No two days are alike, so get ready to learn a ton (and have some fun while you’re at it).
- Assist with product launches, including management of digital assets, product setup, and merchandising strategy
- Routinely audit site content to ensure accuracy across product pages, collections, and landing experiences
- Perform quality assurance for any new site features or functionality
- Assist with inventory management and collaborate with Operations team for ongoing reconciliation
- Partner with Marketing team to execute and update on-site content
- Manage The Citizenry’s presence on third-party marketplaces, including Houzz and Spring
- Research best practices across the digital landscape from competitors and emerging brands
- Help build an organized (and creative!) office environment – stocking supplies and assisting with events that fuel an innovative culture
- Roll up your sleeves and help fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup)
- BS or higher degree
- Strong written and spoken communication skills – can quickly and efficiently share ideas and updates across teams.
- Digital guru. You’re all about e-commerce, you’ve got a beat on the latest and greatest in online retail, and you know how to spot a great user experience.
- Fast on your feet. Assimilating new technologies and skills is a snap for you (and a must in our fast-moving world!).
- All about the details. You pay attention to the little things that help create a seamless e-commerce experience.
- Problem solver. From identifying an issue to quickly identifying a creative solution, it’s all in your wheelhouse.
- Organized juggler. Prioritizing and tackling a list of to-dos for multiple projects is all in a day’s work for you.
- Sense of humor. You don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Bonus points for experience with e-commerce platforms.
- Passion for the job and The Citizenry’s brand vision.
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home decor brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model. In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August 2014, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, The Financial Times, Vogue, Rue Magazine, Lonny Magazine, Domaine Home, and Apartment Therapy.Some benefits and perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Monthly Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Friday breakfasts from the team’s favorite places
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
If you would like to apply, please send an email to email@example.com including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “E-Commerce Intern Application – [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- What is your 140-character (limit) manifesto or biography? Get creative.
- What excites you most about this role? And what unique skills will you bring to the team? (7 sentences or less)
BONUS POINTS: Includes a few links to sites that you think knock it out of the park when it comes to creating a high-converting user experience, while still building a premium brand. Tell us what they’re doing right.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with The Citizenry may include video and phone interviews, projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every application, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify as a potential fit.