Do you live for improving conversion rates? Think in terms of A/B tests? Cringe at poorly designed interfaces? Have cat-like reflexes when it comes to spotting broken links, below-the-fold CTAs or anything else that could add friction to the user experience? If so, you may be just the E-Commerce Manager The Citizenry is looking for.
We’re a direct-to-consumer home décor brand reinventing the way people access artisanal goods from around the world, and we’re seeking an E-Commerce Manager to help us optimize the most critical part of our business – our site and analytics.
You must be passionate about building a best-in-class digital shopping experience and eager to play a critical role in a growing, venture-backed startup environment. On a daily basis, you will work with our Director of E-Commerce, Web Development Team, and CRO agency to help take our site to the next level.
- Work with Director of E-commerce to develop and manage product roadmap for the site
- Prioritize and manage strategic projects and weekly tasks for CRO and web development agencies
- Lead day-to-day web enhancements, from updating sliders to managing inventory or A/B tests
- Manage and optimize presence on secondary channels/third party sites (Spring, Houzz, etc.)
- Help run cost analyses for technology investments (including mobile strategy and platform transition); work with Co-Founders to develop short and long-term plans for platform growth and functionality
- Develop metrics dashboard, analytics, and weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting processes for the site
- Work with Acquisition Marketing Manager to build actionable customer database and CRM strategy
- Deploy and optimize email campaigns, delivering analytics and performance insights on a weekly basis
- Audit creative for all emails and ads to ensure link and landing page accuracy for optimal results
- Work with Brand and Acquisition Marketing Teams to help plan, build, manage, and measure a wide variety of e-commerce marketing programs including: email marketing, referral marketing, paid search, paid social, programmatic display, influencers, remarketing, native ads, and events
- Jump in and help wherever needed, from updating broken links to uploading new products to the site
- Roll up your sleeves and fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup).
- BS or higher degree with 3 - 5 years e-commerce or digital/performance marketing experience, preferably for a leading retail brand or startup
- A data-driven, results-oriented marketing mindset, equally comfortable using both sides of your brain to come up with outside-the-box ideas that have the power to move the needle
- Knowledge of e-commerce marketing strategies for improving conversion; understanding of current ad tech and emerging marketing technologies to implement tests
- Familiarity with general CMS and publishing platforms, basic HTML skills a plus
- Experience implementing A/B testing and running experiments with proper controls
- An Excel whiz that’s spent time using web analytics tools, like Google Analytics. Photoshop skills a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, especially with strong creative teams
- Proven ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and self-manage to meet multiple deadlines
- Team player who is comfortable wearing many hats and willing to help out colleagues
- Fast working, diligent, and thoughtful. Bonus points for a sense of humor
- Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment
- Desire to grow along with The Citizenry team – ready to adapt in an entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Passion for the job and The Citizenry’s brand vision
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model.
In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August 2014, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, The Financial Times, Vogue, InStyle, GQ, Apartment Therapy, and Monocle.
Some benefits & perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Equity in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Friday breakfasts from the team’s favorite places
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
- Relocation package, if needed
If you would like to apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “E-Commerce Manager Application – [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- What is your 140-character (limit) manifesto or biography? Get creative.
- What excites you most about this role? What unique skills will you bring to the team? (7 sentences or less)
**Bonus points: Include a few links to sites that you think knock it out of the park when it comes to creating a high-converting user experience, while still building a premium brand. Tell us what they’re doing right.**