The Citizenry partners with artisans around the world to create home goods that blend our modern style with their time-tested craftsmanship. We sell our exclusive collections online (and coming this spring, a New York flagship store), delivering new standards of quality, transparency, and social responsibility for the category.
That’s where you come in. We are currently seeking an Email & CRM Manager to lead a data-driven, growth-oriented email and SMS program. This cross-functional role will work closely with Brand Marketing and Creative teams to produce best-in-class promotional, lifecycle and transactional messaging. You must be a high-level strategic thinker and day-to-day executer, equally able to craft a program roadmap and handle campaign deployment.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter that understands the power of email to build lasting customer relationships and is always in-the-know on the latest industry trends. An email guru through-and-through, you have extensive, hands-on experience with one or more ESP, and you’re up to the challenge of running a platform transition, building new lifecycle programs and segments, and coding campaigns.
In this role, you will transform data into insights that drive optimization and segmentation, utilizing a CRM platform to identify key opportunities. You’ll build an SMS program from the ground up, partnering with our email service provider to execute. The right candidate is eager to play a critical role in a growing business, driving engagement and incremental revenue through thoughtful data activation.
- Own the email-service provider relationship, from managing platform transition (as needed) to campaign execution, including segmentation, coding and deployment across all campaign types
- Establish goals and KPIs for the email program and report to the broader team on weekly, monthly and annual basis
- Apply critical insights, testing results and industry best practices to continually optimize and refine campaigns
- Drive engaged user list growth through innovative opt-in strategies and development of a preference center
- Craft strategic plans for lifecycle and transactional messaging, from concept to implementation timelines
- Develop an ongoing testing strategy that allows for iterative improvement
- Partner with brand marketing and creative teams to execute promotional email messages, providing insights that optimize segmentation, content and cadence
- Build an SMS program, from strategy to execution, owning list growth, compliance and campaign deployment
- Own our CRM platform, utilizing the data to fuel deep and meaningful segmentation to unlock incremental opportunity across the business
- Roll up your sleeves and fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup)
- 5+ years of email marketing or CRM experience for e-commerce brand or digital agency; startup experience a plus.
- Strong technical knowledge of email service providers (Klaviyo, Bronto, Cordial or similar) - from platform implementation to day-to-day experience with campaign execution
- Demonstrated history of growing email engagement and revenue through list growth, continuous testing, personalization and segmentation.
- Strong analytical chops, with a proven ability to craft clear and concise strategic recommendations from complex data sets
- Experience with CRM software (AgilOne, Custora, etc.)
- A working understanding of statistical concepts critical for A/B testing and optimization
- Working knowledge of regulatory environment as it relates to email and SMS marketing (GDPR, CCPA, CASL)
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model.
In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August 2014, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, Fast Company, Forbes, The Financial Times, Vogue, InStyle, GQ, Apartment Therapy, and Monocle.
Some benefits & perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Three weeks/year flexible vacation time
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Friday breakfasts from the team’s favorite places
- Access to beautiful on-site gym
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
- Relocation package, if needed
If you would like to apply, please send an email to email@example.com including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Email & CRM Manager Application – [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- What is your 140-character (limit) manifesto or biography? Get creative.
- What excites you most about this role? And what unique skills will you bring to the team? (7 sentences or less)
BONUS POINTS: Share an example of a luxury brand that nails email marketing. What are the strongest points of their program?