Do you love how things work behind the scenes? Are you the person who brings organization and order to things that aren’t always orderly? Remember details and numbers that no one else does? Do you see the process behind the product? If so, The Citizenry’s Fulfillment Specialist may be just the position for you.
As a brand committed to working with artisans around the world, this is a critical role – you will be the front line for our team, quality-checking incoming shipments and overseeing outgoing packages. Your role is to ensure every product and package sent to customers is picture-perfect and to help us create a seamless process every day at our warehouse.
We are seeking someone with excellent written & verbal communication skills, extraordinary organizational skills, a high attention to detail and can-do attitude, and most importantly, a desire to exceed expectations.
You’ll be onsite at our fulfillment center three to four days a week and at our office in Dallas HQ the rest of the time – the perfect blend for someone who appreciates variety and working in a team environment.
- Check incoming shipments for quality & counts; approve product for sale
- Record product damages & manage replacement or refund process
- Assist with planning, procuring, and testing new packaging as needed
- Maintain inventory of packaging, brand collateral, and support materials
- Manage returns processes and communication with Client Experience Associate
- Create weekly summary of issues (damaged or missing product, quality or color issues, or shipping backlog)
- Manage damaged & sample sale inventory
- Maintain knowledge of collection to match packaging needs and inserts for each product
- Ensure luxury-quality packaging standards are met
- Roll up your sleeves and fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup!)
- Extremely detail and process-oriented with special attention to product quality, packaging and presentation
- Ability to learn, retain, and instantly recall a wide range of product information
- Ability to create & maintain Excel tables and learn new software tools
- Strong written & verbal communicator
- Demonstrated organization and problem-solving skills
- Can-do attitude, able to manage workload with a natural sense of urgency & prioritization
- Dependable hours & schedule between Monday – Friday from 9:00 to 6:00 PM
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs and be on your feet for long periods of time
- Experience in a warehouse / logistics / retail / customer service / start-up environment a plus
- Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment
- Passion for the job and The Citizenry’s brand vision
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model. In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August 2014, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, The Financial Times, Vogue, InStyle, GQ, Apartment Therapy, and Monocle.Some benefits and perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Flexible "My Time" vacation policy
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Friday breakfasts from the team's favorite places
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
- Relocation package, if needed
If you’re up for this challenge, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your answers to the questions below. Title the email “Fulfillment Associate – [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- Share one part of the fulfillment process that you truly enjoy and why.
- Pick one product from The Citizenry and share a possible difficulty or challenge behind fulfilling the item.