Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment tackling new challenges daily? Remember details and numbers that no one else does? Never faced a problem you can’t solve? If so, The Citizenry’s Fulfillment Associate may be just the position for you.
As a brand committed to working with artisans around the world, this is a critical role – you will be the front line of the artisan supplier relationship, quality-checking incoming shipments and overseeing outgoing packages to customers. Your role is to ensure every product and package sent to customers is picture-perfect and to help us create a seamless process every day at our warehouse.
We are seeking an enthusiastic candidate with extraordinary organization skills and attention to detail, a can-do attitude, excellent written and verbal skills, and most importantly, a desire to exceed expectations.
- Own the product map at the warehouse and ensure all Citizenry products are organized for efficiency, prepped for shipping, and consistently in line with quality standards.
- Manage returns processes and actively communicates with Client Experience Associate for timely refunds or replacements.
- Assist with planning, procuring, and testing new packaging components as needed. Consistently ensure luxury-quality packaging standards are met through weekly reviews of packed orders.
- Create weekly summary of fulfillment challenges and solutions including damaged or missing product, quality concerns, order mispicks and shipping delays.
- Work together with Inventory Coordinator to receive and review incoming shipments for quality control and reconciliation.
- In conjunction with the Design team, understand the construction and materials used in our collections to best ship, store, and organize products at the warehouse.
- Manage samples and damages inventory with complete accuracy to assist with yearly sample sale planning.
- Maintain deep knowledge of upcoming and current collections to match packaging needs, inserts, and collateral for each product
- Roll up your sleeves and fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup!)
- Note: You’ll be onsite at our fulfillment center in Carrollton four days a week and at our office in Dallas the rest of the time – a nice blend for someone who appreciates variety and working in a team environment.
- Extremely detailed and process-oriented with special attention to product quality, packaging, & presentation
- Ability to learn, retain, and instantly recall a wide range of product information
- Comfortable working in Microsoft Excel and eager to learn new software tools
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated organization and problem-solving skills
- Can-do attitude, able to manage workload with a natural sense of urgency & priorities
- Dependable hours & schedule between Monday – Friday from 9:00 – 6:00 PM
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs and be on your feet for long periods of time
- Experience in a warehouse / logistics / retail / start-up environment a plus
- Bilingual English / Spanish a plus
- Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment
- Passion for the job and The Citizenry’s brand vision
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model.
In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August 2014, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, The Financial Times, Vogue, InStyle, GQ, Apartment Therapy, and Monocle.Some benefits and perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Friday breakfasts from the team’s favorite places
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
If you’re up for this challenge, please send an email to email@example.com including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Fulfillment Associate Application – [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- How would your current colleagues (or classmates) describe you? (Use 25 words or less.)
- What professional or academic experience taught you problem-solving or organizational skills that you use frequently? (Use 100 words or less.)
- What brand creates your favorite store experience & why? (Use 100 words or less)
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. We challenge each other to think more creatively, act more deliberately, and in general, be better global citizens. We work together for the greater good, considering customers, employees, partners, and the environment in every decision we make. Interviewing with The Citizenry may include video or phone interviews, projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every application, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify as a potential fit.