Do you love a new challenge every day? Remember details and numbers that no one else does? Never faced a problem you can’t solve? If so, The Citizenry’s Fulfillment Specialist may be just the position for you.
As a brand committed to working with artisans around the world, this is a critical role – you will be the front line for our team, quality-checking incoming shipments and overseeing outgoing packages. Your role is to ensure every product and package sent to customers is picture-perfect and to help us create a seamless process every day at our warehouse.
We are seeking excellent written & verbal communication skills, extraordinary organization skills and attention to detail, a can-do attitude, and most importantly, a desire to exceed expectations. You’ll be onsite at our fulfillment center in Carrollton three to four days a week and at our office in Dallas the rest of the time – the perfect blend for someone who appreciates variety and working in a team environment.
- Create & maintain quality & packaging checklists by product or supplier
- Check every incoming shipment for quality & counts; approve product for sale
- Record product damages & manage replacement or refund process
- Maintain inventory of packaging, brand collateral, and support materials
- Manage damages & sample sale inventory; plan & execute annual sale
- Create weekly summary of issues (damaged or missing product, quality or color issues, or shipping backlog)
- Research & test packaging for all new products
- Create bin labels and organize hangtags for all products
- Work with artisan partners to improve product labeling & packaging
- Teach & prepare our warehouse team about new collection launches by becoming the expert on our product assortment: categories, styles, colors and sizes
- Maintain knowledge of collection to match packaging needs and inserts for each product
- Ensure luxury-quality packaging standards are met
- Deliver & organize product for photoshoots, events, and studio as needed
- Roll up your sleeves and fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup!)
- Extremely detailed and process-oriented with special attention to product quality, packaging, & presentation
- Ability to learn, retain, and instantly recall a wide range of product information
- Ability to create & maintain Excel tables and learn new software tools
- Strong written & verbal communicator
- Demonstrated organization and problem-solving skills
- Can-do attitude, able to manage workload with a natural sense of urgency & priorities
- Dependable hours & schedule between Monday – Friday from 8:30 – 5:30 PM
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs and be on your feet for long periods of time
- Experience in a warehouse / retail / customer service / start-up environment a plus
- Bilingual English / Spanish a plus
- Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment
- Passion for the job and The Citizenry’s brand vision
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model. In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August 2014, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, The Financial Times, Vogue, InStyle, GQ, Apartment Therapy, and Monocle.Some benefits and perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (after trial period)
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Team breakfasts every Friday morning
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
If you’re up for this challenge, please send an email to email@example.com including your answers to the questions below. Title the email “Fulfillment Specialist Application – [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- How would your current colleagues (or classmates) describe you? (Use 25 words or less.)
- What professional or academic experience taught you problem-solving or organizational skills that you use frequently? (Use 100 words or less.)
- What brand creates your favorite customer experience & why? (Use 100 words or less.)
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. We challenge each other to think more creatively, act more deliberately, and in general, be better global citizens. We work together for the greater good, considering customers, employees, partners, and the environment in every decision we make. Interviewing with The Citizenry may include video or phone interviews, projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every application, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify as a potential fit.