We’re expanding our retail footprint here at The Citizenry, and we’re looking for a Senior Sales Associate to play a critical role in our new Flagship store in Soho, NYC. Our ideal candidate is experienced and a team player — willing to go above and beyond to deliver a truly exceptional customer experience to The Citizenry community.
This is an entrepreneurial role, and you’ll help develop and execute standards of excellence that will be rolled out to all future store locations. You’ll be a source of design inspiration and styling advice to customers, as well as a true representative of The Citizenry brand.
The cherry on top? Your work will progress The Citizenry’s brand mission, helping to preserve artisanal craftsmanship and provide sustainable income to thousands of artisans around the world.
THE JOBWhat you'll be charged with day-to-day:
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience and drive business by forming new relationships and engaging with loyal customers IRL.
- Develop, manage, and mantain a client-based business at a high level.
- Serve as a passionate, knowledgeable brand representative and stylist who engages with customers and gives expert home styling advice.
- Quickly become an expert on our products (including staying up-to-date on new product / collection launches).
- Know and actively contribute to meeting monthly / quarterly / annual sales goals and KPIs.
- Develop expertise in our POS (Point of Sale) system and process transactions without errors; execute store opening and closing procedures relentlessly.
- Actively maintain store and stockroom organization; ensure merchandise on the sales floor meets brand standards.
- Comply effectively with inventory control procedures.
- Push us! Proactively identify new opportunities to drive sales, improve customer experience, and create more efficient processes.
- Proven 4-5 years (or more) of specialty retail experience at a strong brand.
- Boutique, luxury, or contemporary experience preferred (bonus points for fashion or home decor).
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales and grow business (bonus points for a track record of over-performing against sales goals).
- A friendly and energetic personality with an emphasis on delivering exceptional customer service and sales.
- Weekend availability required; flexible working schedule a must — including weekends, events, evenings, etc.
- Strong written and verbal skills (bonus points for additional language skills).
- Ability to carry 25-50 lb. boxes as well as bend, reach, lift, and move stock and products.
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
We believe a design can only be as beautiful as the environment in which it’s made, so we demand quality – not just in our designs we create, but also in the lives of the artisans we partner with. We partner with thousands of artisans to craft our exclusive collections, and on average, each is paid wages that are more than two times the fair-trade standard.
The Citizenry was recently named one of Fast Company’s Top 20 Most Innovative Retail Companies and one of Interbrand’s Top Breakthrough Brands of 2020. Since launching in August 2014, the company has been featured in The New York Times, Financial Times, Vogue, and many other publications.
We chose the name “The Citizenry” to reflect the collective of individuals – artisans, designers, and dreamers – who rally together across cultures and continents to set new standards for the industry.
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and believe our team is better when we have different perspectives, identities, origins, and abilities working together.
We welcome your application and look forward to getting to know you and your story.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Senior Sales Associate Application - [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- What excites you most about this role? And what unique skills will you bring to the team? (7 sentences or less).
- What brand creates your favorite customer experience & why?
We’re currently screening applications. If your experience is a good match for what we’re looking for, we’ll be in touch.