We’re expanding our retail footprint here at The Citizenry, and we’re looking for a Senior Sales Associate to play a critical role in our growing retail presence in NYC. Our ideal candidate is experienced and a team player — willing to go above and beyond to deliver a truly exceptional customer experience to The Citizenry community.
This is an entrepreneurial role, and you’ll help develop and execute standards of excellence that will be rolled out to all future store locations. You’ll be a source of design inspiration and styling advice to customers, as well as a true representative of The Citizenry brand.
The cherry on top? Your work will progress The Citizenry’s brand mission, helping to preserve artisanal craftsmanship and provide sustainable income to thousands of artisans around the world.
THE JOBWhat you'll be charged with day-to-day:
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience and drive business by forming new relationships and engaging with loyal customers IRL.
- Serve as a passionate, knowledgeable brand representative and stylist who engages with customers and gives expert home styling advice.
- Execute store opening and closing procedures relentlessly and complete all store transactions with zero errors.
- Work with the Assistant Store Leader to process and manage inventory.
- Actively maintain store and stockroom organization; ensure merchandise on sales floor meets brand standards.
- Assist with partner events (read: help throw fun parties!)
- Quickly become an expert on our products for customers and other sales associates (including staying up-to-date on new product/collection launches).
- Know and contribute to meeting daily sales goals and KPIs.
- Push us! Proactively identify new opportunities to drive sales, improve customer experience, and create more efficient processes.
ATTITUDES & BEHAVIORS
- You’re a team player. You have a “no job is too small” attitude — willing to get your hands dirty and help out wherever needed.
- You’re an overachiever (we see that as a great thing). You’re always thinking up new ways to deliver exceptional customer experiences.
- You own it. You’ve got a strong work ethic and no responsibility is too big.
- You’re a people person. You can talk to anyone and have no problem handling difficult customer interactions.
- You’re entrepreneurial and scrappy. You’re comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- You’ve got an eye for design. You’re excited to serve as a trusted home design consultant.
- You’re passionate. You’re interested in design & travel, and believe in our brand.
- 4-5 years (or more) of specialty retail experience at a strong brand.
- Luxury or contemporary experience preferred (bonus points for fashion or home decor).
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales and grow business.
- Weekend availability required; flexible working schedule a must — including weekends, events, evenings, etc.
- Strong written and verbal skills (bonus points for additional language skills).
- Ability to carry 25-50 lb. boxes as well as bend, reach, lift, and move stock and products.
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home decor brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model.
In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August 2014, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, Fast Company, Forbes, The Financial Times, Vogue, InStyle, GQ, Apartment Therapy, and Monocle.
If you’re up for this challenge, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Senior Sales Associate Application - [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- What excites you most about this role? And what unique skills will you bring to the team? (7 sentences or less).
- What brand creates your favorite customer experience & why?
We’re currently screening applications. If your experience is a good match for what we’re looking for, we’ll be in touch with a quick video interview, then arrange to meet you in person.