If you’re interested in gaining experience from a growing startup, get pumped about e-commerce, and are inspired by globe trotting - then we’d love to sit down and chat.
The Citizenry is a socially conscious home décor company reinventing the way you shop for your home. Country by country, we partner with master artisans, blending our modern style with their time-tested techniques.
We are growing pretty fast, and we are looking for an Operations Intern to manage the day-to-day operations. From organizing samples to helping with quality control, you’ll cover a lot of ground. With no two days alike, you will be learning a lot.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Problem solver. You take action. You see a problem and quickly move to resolve it.
- Go-getter. You have a get-it-done, no-task-too-small attitude.
- Juggler. You take a busy day in stride. You can handle multiple projects and manage your time well.
- Quick learner. You have a knack for picking things up quickly.
- All about the details. You pay attention to the little things.
- A sense of humor. You don’t take yourself too seriously.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Assist in quality control to ensure each customer’s experience is on-brand and of the highest quality.
- Create an enjoyable & organized office environment – stocking kitchen and office supplies, managing technology equipment, and making sure we’re having a good time.
- Become the Operations Team's right hand man (or lady), from running errands to assisting with artisan-related projects.
- Manage the showroom – welcoming visitors, keeping track of inventory and re-stocking, & assisting with events
- Roll up your sleeves and help fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup).
- Able to work 15 to 20 hours per week for 10 to 12 weeks
- Able to bring laptop computer
- Studying business, e-commerce, marketing or retail merchandising field at a four-year university in the Dallas area
As part of working at The Citizenry, you’ll get discounts for some really pretty home goods & weekly Friday breakfasts with the team. You'll also receive college credit or a weekly stipend.
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY
The Citizenry is a modern home decor brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model. In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August 2014, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, The Financial Times, Vogue, Rue Magazine, Lonny Magazine, and Apartment Therapy.
If you’re up for this challenge, please send an email to email@example.com by November 30 including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Spring Operations Intern Application – [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- In less than 7 sentences, what is the one thing that makes you most excited about this position?
- What is your 140-character (limit) manifesto or biography? Get creative.