The Citizenry works with the best artisans around the world to create exclusive home goods. Our one-of-a-kind-designs often make the Holiday wish list, making November through January among our most exciting and busy sales periods. We’re looking for a Holiday intern to join us as we work to ensure that these beautiful pieces from across the globe, correctly arrive to their final destination in rooms and living spaces everywhere.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Problem solver. You take action. You see a problem and quickly move to resolve it.
- Flexible. You have a get-it-done, no-task-too-small attitude.
- Organized. You love knowing where everything is and you can explain why it's there to begin with.
- Time master. You can handle multiple projects and manage your time well.
- Quick learner. You have a knack for picking things up quickly.
- All about the details. You pay attention to the little things, remembering names & numbers and crossing every t.
- A sense of humor. You don’t take yourself too seriously but you are serious about getting things done.
- You love the holidays but appreciate what it takes to make the holidays happen.
- Bonus points if you believe that packing and packaging are under appreciated art forms.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- You’ll assist our Fulfillment Team as they receive shipments from our artisan partners, controlling for quality to ensure that each item is up to the highest standards and stocked correctly.
- Assist the Client Experience Team in managing our showroom, assisting customers, and managing outgoing packages and orders.
- Creating an enjoyable & organized office environment – stocking supplies, snacks, coffee or anything else to help us work and thrive through the Holidays.
- Become the Operations Team's right-hand person - rolling up your sleeves and helping to fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup).
- Potentially work across all facets of Operations and understand how a growing startup works and runs!
- Able to work 30-40 hours per week for 8 weeks from roughly the middle of November to the middle of January. (NOTE: We'll be out of the office from Dec. 22 - Jan. 7 for holidays.)
- Able to use your own laptop computer
- Able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must have access to car in order to commute between our office and fulfillment center.
- Able to find your own housing
- Preference given to those studying business, e-commerce, marketing or retail merchandising field at a four-year university but all other majors are encouraged to apply.
- As part of working at The Citizenry, you'll get discounts for some really pretty home goods & join our Friday team breakfast. You'll also receive college credit or a small weekly stipend.
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY
The Citizenry is a modern home decor brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model. In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August 2014, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, The Financial Times, Vogue, Rue Magazine, Lonny Magazine, and Apartment Therapy.
If you’re up for this challenge, please send an email to email@example.com including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Holiday Operations Intern Application – [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- PASSION: How did you learn about The Citizenry and what interests you most about the company and/or the brand?
- INSPIRATION: Tell us about an experience you've had with a brand that inspired you.
- INTENTION: Tell us why you chose your current college major or area of focus.