The Citizenry works with the best global artisans around the world to create exclusive collections of home goods. We are seeking a Planning Manager to play the lead analytical role in that process. This means designing our optimal product assortment strategy during a period of rapid growth, ensuring that we always have the right product at the right time, in the right quantities, and at the right price.
You must have excellent analytical skills and established planning experience. You’ll play an integral role in product development so a desire to gain tremendous experience across the entire production lifecycle is a must. You won’t be working with factories - you’ll be working with artisan cooperatives across multiple countries & cultures and will travel internationally as needed.
This is a highly entrepreneurial role – you must be a results oriented leader, willing to go above and beyond to push the business forward. You’ll be working directly with our Co-Founder & COO to manage all planning & production and also closely with our creative team to align merchandise plans.
- Develop annual sales, gross margin, buying and inventory plans; reforecast monthly
- Build monthly sales & inventory plans by SKU utilizing historical data and current trends, ensuring buying plans align with targets and a rapidly growing business
- Maintain outstanding orders, receipts and inventory on a monthly basis, ensuring that on-order and committed receipts are delivering on time to support forecasts. Identify risks and drive action plans.
- Assist in managing full development and production lifecycles inclusive of: development, sourcing, cost negotiations, production, sampling, shipping, and overall execution
- Create & maintain a promotional calendar with guidance on key/peak weeks
- Manage artisan partner relationships, production progress, incoming receipts, and outstanding payments
- Support new collection development / planning and strategic projects like company reporting ad hoc
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home decor brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model. In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, The Financial Times, Vogue, Rue Magazine, Lonny Magazine, Domaine Home, and Apartment Therapy.Some benefits and perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Equity in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Monthly Health & Wellness Stipend ($500)
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Weekly catered lunches & breakfasts from the team’s favorite places
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
- Relocation package, if needed
Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us in less than 7 sentences 1) why you’re interested in this position and 2) what unique contributions you can make to building The Citizenry. Please title it “Planning Manager Application – [Your Name]” and attach your resume.