The Citizenry works with the best global artisans around the world to create exclusive collections of home goods. We are seeking a Planning Manager to play the lead analytical role in developing our optimal product assortment, ensuring that we always have the right product at the right time, in the right quantities, and at the right price.
You must have excellent analytical skills and established planning experience. You’ll play an integral role in product development so a desire to gain tremendous experience across the entire production lifecycle is a must. You will be working (indirectly) with artisan cooperatives (not factories) across countries and cultures, so as the planning manager, you must bring a thoughtful and yet adaptable approach to the creation of purchase orders and scaling strategies for each partner. You’re able to create smart solutions balancing demand and production capacity as we continue to the scale this social enterprise.
This is a highly entrepreneurial role – you must be a results oriented leader, willing to go above and beyond to push the business forward. You’ll be working the Directors of Planning, Production and Product Development and also closely with our creative team. You’ll be the point person within the team for quick data-driven analysis and will be a go-to resource for research projects as we continue to scale partners representing 1500+ artisans across 15 countries and regions – a mission-critical role at The Citizenry.
- Work with Founders & Director of Planning to develop sales forecasts, using both top-down and bottoms-up approaches
- Utilize inventory management tools to build inventory plans by sku and identify order volume gaps to reach financial targets
- Track on hand inventory weekly against incoming shipments and consumer behavior trends to coordinate new purchase orders for production
- Assist in analysis to define ideal product assortment strategies; collaborate with Marketing and Design to plan upcoming launch and promotional calendars
- Support product development and production life cycles through cost negotiations, competitive analysis, demand forecasting, production, shipping, and shelf life
- Compare target retails with margin driven retail proposals
- Analyze product performance post launch and identify optimal product allocations to maximize partner capacities. Identify areas for improvement
- Work with Production team to address artisan production constraints and create capacity expansion plans
- Review supply chain performance metrics to identify areas of opportunity
- Ensure product catalog database is accurately accounting for current product details, costs and pricing. Responsible for communication of changes to the catalog or assortment across the organization.
- Funnel information from each of the departments into online collaborative dashboards
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home decor brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model. In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, The Financial Times, Vogue, Rue Magazine, Lonny Magazine, Domaine Home, and Apartment Therapy.Some benefits and perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Equity in a rapidly growing company
- Health, dental, and vision insurance + Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Friday breakfasts from the team’s favorite places
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
- Relocation package, if needed
If you’re excited in this position, we would be excited to hear from you. Send an email to email@example.com including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Planning Manager– [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- ANALYSIS: Outline the most challenging data-driven research project you have had to tackle. Please state the original objective, detail the approach you took, and the outcome achieved.
- PASSION: What excited you most about this role? What unique skills will you bring to the team? (7 sentences or less)
- PERSISTENCE: Describe the most difficult project you’ve managed and how you solved it.