The Citizenry is seeking a talented manager to lead production management processes and work closely with select artisan partners. You’ll be working with our Directors of Planning & Production as well as Product Development and Operations teams.
As The Citizenry works with artisans managing small-batch production around the world, the Production Manager must bring a thoughtful, analytical, and yet adaptable approach to managing our artisan partnerships and overseeing production and shipping logistics.
Exceptional interpersonal & time management skills are critical to thrive in this role. You must be a natural project manager with a strong process-orientation and the ability to problem-solve quickly. You must be able to communicate your findings and create smart solutions balancing demand and production capacity while taking into account the diverse needs of partners, The Citizenry team, and customers. You’ll be the go-to person for partners representing 1,500+ artisans across multiple countries and regions – a mission-critical role at The Citizenry.
The ideal candidate has a background in project or account management or planning experience at a fashion or home goods retailer. Bonus points for working internationally. This is a highly entrepreneurial role – you must be a results oriented self-starter, willing to go above and beyond to push this fast-growing social enterprise forward.
THE JOBLead Artisan Partner Relationships
- Manage key artisan partner relationships in select regions (based on language skills)
- Evaluate artisan production capacity and develop plans to address production constraints and ensure our partners grow and thrive as we do
- Communicate purchase orders, oversee production, and ensure on-time order delivery from artisan country of origin to The Citizenry warehouse
- Build strong relationships with artisans, personalizing outreach, adding value to artisan businesses, and developing collaborative, trusted partnerships
- Develop shipment plans for new artisan partners and collection launches
- Create shipping checklist and guidelines to reduce shipment costs and optimize timelines
- Prepare and track incoming shipments daily; proactively challenges and addresses delays
- Analyze and optimize packaging for key products as needed, with input from Customer Experience and Fulfillment teams
- Prepare quality reports for incoming shipments
- Work with Senior Production Manager to resolve issues & track rejected product
- Track shipping costs by shipping vendor, artisan partner, product and country
- Assist in collecting and analyzing artisan social impact metrics on an annual basis
- Help prepare social impact reports
- Research grants, investments, training, and other partnership opportunities to build artisan capacity, address production constraints, and deepen social impact
- Assist Production Manager to develop artisan resource toolkit, scorecard, and annual artisan feedback surveys
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home decor brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model. In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, The Financial Times, Vogue, Rue Magazine, Lonny Magazine, Domaine Home, and Apartment Therapy.Some benefits and perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Equity in a rapidly growing company
- Health, dental, and vision insurance + Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Friday breakfasts from the team’s favorite places
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
- Relocation package, if needed
If you’re excited by this role, we’re excited to hear from you. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Production Manager – [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- TASTE: What’s a product you think we should be selling and why?
- PASSION: What excited you most about this role? What unique skills will you bring to the team? (7 sentences or less)
- PERSISTENCE: What’s the most difficult project you’ve managed and how did you solve it?