The Citizenry is at an exciting inflection point and is building out a dynamic team to achieve ambitious growth goals. By 2025, we plan to grow the business 5x, allowing us to expand and deepen the impact we deliver to artisans, their families, and their communities across more than 20 countries.
We are seeking innovators and builders who are excited to leverage their unique skills and experience to deliver consistently beautiful, sustainable, and ethically made home goods. The Citizenry offers an environment for extensive professional growth, providing the chance to manage great responsibility while delivering meaningful results as part of a high-performing team.
As the Senior Associate - Inventory Management, you’ll be the point person for all things inventory across the company, a critical and highly visible role.
You are a stickler for the details and have a penchant for using technology to manage vast amounts of constantly changing data. As an analyst, you efficiently balance accuracy and speed to share the best information with a broad range of stakeholders. Exceptional interpersonal and time management skills are essential to thrive in this role.
You must have excellent analytical skills with a strong command of Excel, a data-driven approach, and the ability to problem-solve quickly. And as much as you like running the numbers, you’re able to pause and think about the best way to communicate your findings. You are not only a numbers wizard but a master communicator, able to simplify complexity and translate data into actionable next steps to our artisan partners, the team, and Co-Founders on a daily basis.
This role reports into the Production Manager and is cross-functional in nature, working closely with E-Commerce, Fulfillment, Planning, and Customer Experience departments.
The ideal candidate has a background in data analytics, financial analysis or accounting, or management consulting. This is a highly entrepreneurial role – you must be a results-oriented self-starter, willing to go above and beyond to push this fast-growing social enterprise forward.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Three plus years professional experience, ideally as a data analyst.
- Experience in inventory management, data analytics, accounting or other detail oriented role preferred. Bonus points for experience working with financial data or management consulting.
- Exceptionally responsive across multiple communication channels – able to simultaneously send, receive, and track hundreds of communications a day and log a tremendous amount of detail.
- Fast working, detail-oriented, and analytical with an unparalleled commitment to precision and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively communicate visually and verbally in a multicultural environment.
- Passionate about The Citizenry’s social mission and the chance to work with artisan partners around the globe.
- Thrive in a community of colleagues bound by mission. You celebrate wins and appreciate everyone’s role in the process.
- Fluent in English; bonus points for a second language.
- Bachelor degree is required; Master’s degree or MBA a plus.
Lead Inventory Management
- Enter purchase order delivery timelines and shipment schedules into The Citizenry’s proprietary inventory management system.
- Track artisan order delivery and shipping timelines on a daily basis.
- Lead inventory management cross-departmental weekly meetings, alerting stakeholders of delays and outlining implications and next steps to mitigate business risks.
- Anticipate and identify when a product is likely to miss a customer ship-date or has been “oversold” and provide data for various teams to take corrective action.
- Work with the Production Manager to analyze available-to-sell data and identify and share opportunities for improving stock position with the Production and Planning teams each week.
Track and Follow Up International Shipments
- Track incoming shipments daily; proactively alert the Production team about delays and recommend solutions.
- Regularly follow up with shipping vendors to solicit status updates and unblock shipments.
- Serve as the Production liaison with the Fulfillment and Customer Experience teams.
- Draft and share large shipments weekly report with COO and Fulfillment team.
Receive Inventory and Reconcile Artisan Partner Financial Accounts
- Work with the Fulfillment team to receive inventory into accounting and fulfillment software.
- Prepare and send receipts emails and payment ledgers to artisan partners.
- Working with partner account manager and Director of Finance, reconcile artisan partner financial accounts, comparing artisan records with our accounts and rectifying discrepancies.
- Identify and allocate shipping bills to artisan partner shipments on a weekly basis.
Support Reporting and Analytics
- Track and analyze key shipping metrics, including shipping volume, method, costs, and timelines.
- Assist in collecting and analyzing artisan social impact metrics on an annual basis.
- Aid in collecting other Environmental, Social, and Governance data as needed.
- Work with the Production Manager to analyze partner performance and prepare annual order projections and performance reports.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Some benefits & perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Access to beautiful on-site gym
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Summer/Fall 2021: Flexible in-office schedule, planning 2 - 3 days in Dallas office
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
We believe a design can only be as beautiful as the environment in which it’s made, so we demand quality – not just in our designs we create, but also in the lives of the artisans we partner with. We partner with thousands of artisans to craft our exclusive collections, and on average, each is paid wages that are more than two times the fair-trade standard.
The Citizenry was recently named one of Fast Company’s Top 20 Most Innovative Retail Companies and one of Interbrand’s Top Breakthrough Brands of 2020. Since launching in August 2014, the company has been featured in The New York Times, Financial Times, Vogue, and many other publications.
We chose the name “The Citizenry” to reflect the collective of individuals – artisans, designers, and dreamers – who rally together across cultures and continents to set new standards for the industry.
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and believe our team is better when we have different perspectives, identities, origins, and abilities working together.
We welcome your application and look forward to getting to know you and your story.
If you’re excited by this role, we’re excited to hear from you. Send an email to email@example.com including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Senior Production Associate – Inventory Management -[Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- DISCERNMENT: Who is the next artisan group you think we should work with? Why?
- INGENUITY: Describe a raw dataset you made meaning from OR a system you built from scratch. How did you structure the analysis / system and what were the outcomes?
- PUNCTILIOUSNESS: Share an achievement that show-cases your detail orientation, efficiency, and accuracy.