The Citizenry is looking for a VP of Finance to lead critical financial aspects of the business, overseeing budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning. You will work alongside the Founders to analyze every aspect of the business, provide insights, and implement changes required to achieve profitability. You will work with team leads to ensure departments have needed information and track to budget.
- Play a key role in investor relations, board meetings, and fundraising efforts, working with our CEO to prepare key business insights, catering to different types of audiences and using analytics to tell compelling stories
- Work closely with Production & Planning team to manage inventory needs & cash flow
- Seek fresh sources of working capital for inventory/real estate financing
- Help the company optimize the mix of capital between debt & equity
- Produce accurate and timely monthly financial statements, including budget-to-actuals-to-forecast for income statement, cash flow, and balance sheet
- Manage financial reporting, planning and 12-month forecasting for the company including dissemination of performance vs. budget to team heads
- Partner with our team leaders to review business results, create/review budgets, and uncover insights to drive business growth
- 6+ years of finance experience, MBA or graduate degree a plus
- Prior consulting, investment banking, or private equity experience, preferred
- Prior experience in ecommerce or retail, ideally a rapidly growing startup environment
- Willing to work in Dallas headquarters 40-50% of the time
- Exceptionally strong modeling and analytical skills (Excel) with a strong curiosity that enables us to uncover meaningful insights to drive our business and a compelling storyteller (PPT)
- Has the ability to deal with imperfect information, make sensible assumptions to formulate a view; Clear sense for the levers that drive profitability, growth, and effective execution
- Demonstrable track record for value creating initiatives
- The ability to build processes and systems from the ground up and thrive in a high-growth, ever-changing environment (you have a perspective on how things should be done but are flexible and adaptable enough to love working at a startup)
- Outstanding communication skills. Highly motivated, hard-working, and results driven
- Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment
- Desire to grow along with The Citizenry team – ready to adapt in a startup environment
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and help wherever needed
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model.
In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August 2014, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, Fast Company, Forbes, The Financial Times, Vogue, InStyle, GQ, Apartment Therapy, and Monocle.
Some benefits & perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Three weeks/year flexible vacation time
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Friday breakfasts from the team’s favorite places
- Access to beautiful on-site gym
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
- Relocation package, if needed