The Citizenry partners with thousands of artisans all over the world to bring their storied, time-tested craftsmanship to the modern home. Our goal? Create a new type of home decor shopping experience that delivers inspiring designs - and the stories behind them - with unprecedented standards of quality, transparency, and social responsibility.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, hardworking Warehouse Associate to join our growing team. In this position, you’ll perform a variety of warehouse activities such as receiving and processing shipments, organizing merchandise space, providing thorough quality control inspections, and prepping products for shipping. In addition, you’ll become a product and materials expert as you’ll be working hands on with every shipment that comes in.
You will also have the opportunity to collaborate closely with the customer experience and production teams outside of the cohesive warehouse community. As a brand committed to working with artisans around the world, this is a critical role – you will be the front line of the artisan supplier relationship, quality-checking incoming shipments and overseeing inventory accuracy.
THE JOBProcess Incoming Shipments
- Track and record all incoming shipments
- Track each item receipt by supplier and SKU
- Reconcile with outlined Purchase Orders to identify discrepancies
- Stock shelves as needed and label all over-stock items to be put away
- Inspect items for damage, defect, and adherence to company Production Standards Documents
- Provide clear written and visual feedback with QC results as needed to broader team
- Maintain up to date Production Standards and Packaging Guide documents
- Collaborate with Fulfillment Associate to keep record of damaged and returned inventory
Organize Warehouse Space
- Create and set up new product positions as needed
- Consistently review ways to improve or optimize warehouse procedures
- Think creatively and spatially to efficiently and effectively organize inventory
- Product and Inventory Management
- Maintain accurate records of inventory location and condition, while performing weekly cycle and low inventory counts
- Oversee product prep and packaging
- Ensure packaging materials are fully stocked and accessible
- 1 year experience in a warehouse, logistics, retail, or start-up environment preferred
- Ability to commute daily (Monday – Friday) to Carrolton, TX
- Extremely detailed and process-oriented with special attention to product quality, packaging, & presentation
- Ability to learn, retain, and instantly recall a wide range of product information
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Basic with Microsoft office suite
- Team player with the ability to work independently efficiently
- Demonstrated organization and problem-solving skills
- Can-do attitude, able to manage workload with a natural sense of urgency & priorities
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Background working with furniture or other large goods that involve assembly or packaging
- Bilingual English / Spanish a plus
- Forklift certification a plus
- Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment
- Passion for the job and The Citizenry’s brand vision
This opportunity requires on average 30-35 hours a week on-site at our fulfillment center in Carrollton, TX where temperatures are variable based on weather. During peak season, up to 40 hours can be expected.
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
We believe a design can only be as beautiful as the environment in which it’s made, so we demand quality – not just in our designs we create, but also in the lives of the artisans we partner with. We partner with thousands of artisans to craft our exclusive collections, and on average, each is paid wages that are more than two times the fair-trade standard.
The Citizenry was recently named one of Fast Company’s Top 20 Most Innovative Retail Companies and Interbrand’s Top Breakthrough Brands of 2020. Since launching in August 2014, the company has been featured in The New York Times, Financial Times, Vogue, and many other publications.
We chose the name “The Citizenry” to reflect the collective of individuals – artisans, designers, and dreamers – who rally together across cultures and continents to bring our collections to life.
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and believe our team is better when we have different perspectives, identities, origins, and abilities working together.
We welcome your application and look forward to getting to know you and your story.
Some benefits & perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Three weeks/year flexible vacation time
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- 401K Matching and Flexible Health Spending Programs
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
If you’re up for this challenge, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Warehouse Associate - [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- What excites you most about this role? What unique skills will you bring to the team, and what previous experiences will you draw from? (7 sentences or less).
- What brand creates your favorite store experience & why?