The Citizenry is looking for a detail-oriented, hardworking Warehouse Associate to join our growing team. In this position, you’ll perform a variety of warehouse activities such as receiving and processing shipments, organizing merchandise space, providing thorough quality control inspections, and prepping products for shipping. In addition, you’ll become a product and materials expert as you’ll be working hands on with every shipment that comes in. As a brand committed to working with artisans around the world, this is a critical role – you will be the front line of the artisan supplier relationship, quality-checking incoming shipments and overseeing inventory accuracy.
THE JOBProcess Incoming Shipments
- Track and record all incoming shipments
- Track each item receipt by supplier and SKU
- Reconcile with outlined Purchase Orders to identify discrepancies
- Stock shelves as needed and label all over-stock items to be put away
- Inspect items for damage, defect, and adherence to company Production Standards Documents
- Provide clear written and visual feedback with QC results as needed to broader team
- Maintain up to date Production Standards and Packaging Guide documents
- Collaborate with Fulfillment Associate to keep record of damaged and returned inventory
- Create and set up new product positions as needed
- Consistently review ways to improve or optimize warehouse procedures
- Think creatively and spatially to efficiently and effectively organize inventory
- Perform weekly low inventory counts
- Oversee product prep and packaging
- Ensure packaging materials are fully stocked and accessible
- Extremely detailed and process-oriented with special attention to product quality, packaging, & presentation
- Ability to learn, retain, and instantly recall a wide range of product information
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently efficiently
- Demonstrated organization and problem-solving skills
- Can-do attitude, able to manage workload with a natural sense of urgency & priorities
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs and be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Experience in a warehouse / logistics / retail / start-up environment a plus
- Bilingual English / Spanish a plus
- Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment
- Passion for the job and The Citizenry’s brand vision
This opportunity requires on average 30-35 hours a week on-site at our fulfillment center in Carrollton, TX. During peak season, up to 40 hours can be expected.
Temperatures in the warehouse are variable, with dramatic increases or decreases in response to weather and the products being stored.
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model.
In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August 2014, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, The Financial Times, Vogue, InStyle, GQ, Apartment Therapy, and Monocle.Some benefits and perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Three weeks per year flexible vacation time
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
If you’re up for this challenge, please send an email to email@example.com including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Warehouse Associate Application – [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- How would your current colleagues (or classmates) describe you? (Use 25 words or less.)
- What professional or academic experience taught you problem-solving or organizational skills that you use frequently? (Use 100 words or less.)
- What excites you most about this role? What key “super power” would you bring to this role? (7 sentences or less)
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. We challenge each other to think more creatively, act more deliberately, and in general, be better global citizens. We work together for the greater good, considering customers, employees, partners, and the environment in every decision we make. Interviewing with The Citizenry may include video or phone interviews, projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every application, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify as a potential fit.