Handwoven in Peru by
Our iconic Estrellas Rug in a fresh, indigo palette. Featuring a bold, geometric design inspired by ancient Inca patterns, this flat-weave wool rug has us head over heels.
A small cooperative outside Lima, Peru, spends hours meticulously mixing this perfect series of saturated blue dyes. Each rug then takes two weeks to masterfully hand-loom. All made start-to-finish in a fair trade environment. No two are exactly alike.
- MEASUREMENTS: 6' x 9' or 8' x 10'(expect slight variation in sizing)
- MATERIALS: 100% sheep's wool - the most durable fiber in Peru
- COLORS: Cream base with rich indigo, light blue-grey, and periwinkle accents
- ORIGIN: Peru
- MADE IN SMALL BATCHES: Comes with hand-numbered tag
All our rugs are made from the finest natural materials. We choose pure sheep or llama wools, dye them carefully, and weave them for strength. Following these suggestions will ensure your rugs can be treasured for a lifetime.
Vacuum rugs lightly and avoid direct and prolonged sunlight exposure.
If the stain was caused by liquid, act quickly to prevent from drying – use paper towels to absorb.
When in doubt, professional dry cleaning is always going to be your best bet. If you do decide to take matters into your own hands, a few tips for you:
- For wine, coffee, or tea, apply a solution of warm water, detergent and white vinegar with a damp sponge. Wipe with clean cloth and let dry.
- For oil, chocolate, lipstick, nail polish, or ink, scrub or scrape the stained area first. Then apply a solution of hot water and detergent with a clean cloth to absorb as much of the stain as possible. If required, leave the wet cloth overnight before wiping with a clean cloth to dry.