Handwoven in Mexico by
Traditional Zapotec patterns reimagined in a bold, eye-catching design. In a classic black and cream palette, this little beauty takes the guesswork out of entryway or bedside styling.
Handwoven from locally-sourced sheep’s wool, this flat-weave rug is incredibly durable, perfect for the day-to-day. From start-to-finish, each one takes about a week to complete - all handcrafted by a fair trade weaving cooperative in Oaxaca, Mexico.
Note: To make this rug a wall hanging, add our custom maple wood wall hanger.
- MEASUREMENTS: Small - 2' W x 3' H, Medium - 3' W x 5' H
- MATERIALS: 100% sheep's wool
- COLORS: Cream base with black accents
- ORIGIN: Mexico
All our rugs are made from the finest natural materials. We choose pure sheep or llama wools, dye them carefully, and weave them for strength. Following these suggestions will ensure your rugs can be treasured for a lifetime.
Vacuum rugs lightly and avoid direct and prolonged sunlight exposure.
If the stain was caused by liquid, act quickly to prevent from drying – use paper towels to absorb.
When in doubt, professional dry cleaning is always going to be your best bet. If you do decide to take matters into your own hands, a few tips for you:
- For wine, coffee, or tea, apply a solution of warm water, detergent and white vinegar with a damp sponge. Wipe with clean cloth and let dry.
- For oil, chocolate, lipstick, nail polish, or ink, scrub or scrape the stained area first. Then apply a solution of hot water and detergent with a clean cloth to absorb as much of the stain as possible. If required, leave the wet cloth overnight before wiping with a clean cloth to dry.
Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated. Share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too!
Product arrived quickly. Quality tightly woven rugs, beautiful design and craftsmanship. Thinner than I expected and the white color pictured online is more of an Ecru. Because of this I feel the price point is too high. Overall, I will purchase from The Citizenry again - authentic, unique pieces worthy of display and/or function.