Handwoven in Mexico by
Traditional Zapotec techniques reinterpreted in a bold, contemporary design.
The minimal black, white, and grey palette makes the perfect base for building out your room. And bonus - the black base and low pile, flat weave hide everyday wear-and-tear, so feel free to let the kids and dogs go to town.
This rug is handwoven with sheep’s wool and naturally dyed using native plant extracts. From start to finish, it takes almost three weeks to complete, all made by a fair trade cooperative of 14 Zapotec women who live and work in Oaxaca.
- MEASUREMENTS: 6' W x 9' H
- MATERIALS: 100% sheep's wool
- COLORS: Black, cream, and grey
- ORIGIN: Mexico
- MADE IN SMALL BATCHES: Comes with hand-numbered tag
All our rugs are made from the finest natural materials. We choose pure sheep or llama wools, dye them carefully, and weave them for strength. Following these suggestions will ensure your rugs can be treasured for a lifetime.
Vacuum rugs lightly and avoid direct and prolonged sunlight exposure.
If the stain was caused by liquid, act quickly to prevent from drying – use paper towels to absorb.
When in doubt, professional dry cleaning is always going to be your best bet. If you do decide to take matters into your own hands, a few tips for you:
- For wine, coffee, or tea, apply a solution of warm water, detergent and white vinegar with a damp sponge. Wipe with clean cloth and let dry.
- For oil, chocolate, lipstick, nail polish, or ink, scrub or scrape the stained area first. Then apply a solution of hot water and detergent with a clean cloth to absorb as much of the stain as possible. If required, leave the wet cloth overnight before wiping with a clean cloth to dry.
Drop a Hint
Let someone you love know what's on your wishlist. Don't worry - we won't send them any other emails.