Handwoven in Peru by
This handwoven wool rug artfully mixes modern, geometric design with the traditional flat-weave style of Peru. Featuring ancient Inca patterns and a desert-inspired palette, it truly is a thing of beauty. No two are exactly alike.
Each rug is meticulously hand-dyed and loomed by a cooperative of 26 weavers to ensure a rich color saturation and distinct quality that will last for years to come. All crafted in a fair trade environment, this piece took two weeks to loom.
- MEASUREMENTS: 6' x 9' or 8' x 10' (expect slight variation in sizing)
- MATERIALS: 100% sheep's wool - the most durable fiber in Peru
- COLORS: Light cream base with shades of crimson, rust, lavender, peach and black
- ORIGIN: Peru
- MADE IN SMALL BATCHES: Comes with hand-numbered tag
All our rugs are made from the finest natural materials. We choose pure sheep or llama wools, dye them carefully, and weave them for strength. Following these suggestions will ensure your rugs can be treasured for a lifetime.
Vacuum rugs lightly and avoid direct and prolonged sunlight exposure.
If the stain was caused by liquid, act quickly to prevent from drying – use paper towels to absorb.
When in doubt, professional dry cleaning is always going to be your best bet. If you do decide to take matters into your own hands, a few tips for you:
- For wine, coffee, or tea, apply a solution of warm water, detergent and white vinegar with a damp sponge. Wipe with clean cloth and let dry.
- For oil, chocolate, lipstick, nail polish, or ink, scrub or scrape the stained area first. Then apply a solution of hot water and detergent with a clean cloth to absorb as much of the stain as possible. If required, leave the wet cloth overnight before wiping with a clean cloth to dry.