The Citizenry was created to celebrate the best craftsmanship around the world, and great storytelling is an integral part of that vision. We are seeking a Marketing Manager to help develop and execute brand initiatives that tell our story across all channels.
You must be a strategic thinker equally comfortable using both sides of your brain – analytical enough to uncover insights; creative enough to use those insights to fuel new ideas. You also must have experience in digital, having worked on campaigns for top brands that resonated with consumers.
You’ll be working directly for our Co-Founder & CMO and partnering closely with our Creative Team to develop content that will push our brand forward.
- Develop and oversee all brand marketing initiatives at The Citizenry
- Manage creative campaigns for influencer outreach, strategic partnerships, digital marketing (with a focus on social), and customer loyalty
- Build and own content strategy with a strong editorial calendar; partner with our Creative Team to execute
- Create, deploy, and optimize email campaigns, delivering new content and ideas on a weekly basis
- Define success metrics and help implement tracking to scale most effective channels
- Work with Director of E-Commerce to gather consumer insights and enhance overall shopping experience
- Partner with Co-Founders to craft the right overarching company-level stories and manage press outreach
- Roll up your sleeves and help fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup)
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home decor brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model. In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, The Financial Times, Vogue, Rue Magazine, Lonny Magazine, Domaine Home, and Apartment Therapy.Some benefits and perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Equity in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Monthly Health & Wellness Stipend ($500)
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Weekly catered lunches & breakfasts from the team’s favorite places
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
- Relocation package, if needed
If you love the sound of this role and would like to apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Brand Marketing Manager Application – [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- What is your 140-character (limit) manifesto or biography? Get creative.
- What excites you most about this role? And what unique skills will you bring to the team? (7 sentences or less)