The Citizenry was created to celebrate the best craftsmanship around the world, and brand storytelling is an integral part of bringing that vision to life. We are looking for a Brand Marketing Manager to help develop and execute brand initiatives to tell our story across all touchpoints.
You must be a strategic thinker equally comfortable using both sides of your brain – analytical enough to uncover insights; creative enough to use those insights to fuel new ideas. You also must have experience in digital, having worked on integrated marketing campaigns that breakthrough the clutter and resonate with consumers.
This role reports to the VP of Brand & Marketing and collaborates with performance marketing, creative, ecommerce, and operations to create best-in-class marketing campaigns.
- Partner with the VP of Brand & Marketing to create integrated marketing strategies and plans for new product launches, holidays/promotions, and partnerships to align with key business objectives.
- Partner with performance marketing and creative teams to develop advertising campaigns across channels, including social media, OOH, direct mail, and video.
- Build and own content strategy with a strong editorial calendar aligned with brand and business priorities; partner with creative team to execute.
- Create briefs for email campaigns, delivering weekly content and ideas that drive revenue and engagement from email subscribers.
- Collaborate with ecommerce and merchandising teams to develop strategies to enhance overall shopping experience and infuse brand throughout the website through compelling landing pages.
- Partner with PR firm to manage the seeding of press stories and the execution of quarterly “flagship” events, including influencer dinners, press previews, and hotel takeovers to support brand building and new collection launches.
- Oversee brand collateral and packaging elements, including brand signage at retail stores, events, and pop-ups.
- Consistently report on marketing and content performance, proactively identifying success metrics and making recommendations and improvements based on findings.
- Conduct ongoing research and develop strategies for emerging platforms, formats, and channels, ensuring our brand is staying top of mind and relevant with customers.
- Roll up your sleeves and help fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup).
- BS or higher degree with 5-7+ years experience in a marketing role at a leading lifestyle brand or agency.
- 1+ years of people leadership experience is a plus.
- Experience managing brand stories and integrated campaigns, with an expertise in digital executions.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, especially with creative teams.
- Basic copywriting skills are necessary; Photoshop skills a plus.
- Ability to multitask, set priorities, and self-manage against tight timelines.
- Fast working, diligent, and thoughtful. Bonus points for a sense of humor.
- Must have a strong understanding of social media and digital marketing channels.
- Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment.
- Passion for the job and The Citizenry’s brand vision.
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
We believe a design can only be as beautiful as the environment in which it’s made, so we demand quality – not just in the products we create, but also in the lives of the artisans we work with. We partner with thousands of artisans to craft our exclusive collections, and on average, they are paid wages two times the Fair Trade requirement. Together, we are setting new standards for retail.
The Citizenry was recently named one of Fast Company’s Top 20 Most Innovative Retail Companies and Interbrand’s Top Breakthrough Brands of 2020. Since launching in August 2014, the company has been featured in The New York Times, Financial Times, Vogue, and many other publications.
We chose the name “The Citizenry” to reflect the collective of individuals – artisans, designers, and dreamers – who rally together across cultures and continents to bring our collections to life.
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and believe our team is better when we have different perspectives, identities, origins, and abilities working together.
We welcome your application and look forward to getting to know you and your story.
Some benefits & perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Three weeks/year flexible vacation time
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k matching program up to 4% of base salary
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Access to a beautiful on-site gym
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Flexible in-office schedule, planning 2 - 3 days in Dallas office
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
- Relocation package, if needed
Click here to submit your application (no cover letter required).