The Citizenry partners with artisans around the world to create home goods that blend our modern style with their time-tested craftsmanship. We sell our exclusive collections online & in our New York Flagship store, delivering new standards of quality, transparency, and social responsibility for retail.
Underpinning this vision: a critical foundation of data, from consumer insights to website optimization and channel attribution. We’re currently seeking a Manager of Analytics & Optimization to build on this foundation, unlocking new levels of business growth by democratizing data across all levels of the organization.
In this role, you’ll work across the organization to identify trends in the data, delivering actionable insights to guide marketing, digital product development, and merchandising. You will take the lead on evaluating and implementing BI tools, delivering at-a-glance insights for the team.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in conversion rate optimization through funnel analysis and A/B testing and experience in marketing channel attribution and assessing campaign incrementality. You’re a constant learner and you’re never satisfied to deliver a metric without understanding the driving force behind the trend. You can distill complex data sets into simple insights, and you’re adept at delivering this intel to the most senior levels of the business.
- Build dashboards and weekly / monthly / quarterly reporting to support E-commerce and Marketing teams
- Provide insights and actionable recommendations that drive site experience and improve KPIs (conversion rate, AOV, AUP, etc)
- Perform deep-dive analysis to identify key drivers of growth strategy
- Bridge sales forecasts and ongoing sales performance to determine how individual channels, content and promotions impact incrementality
- Analyze performance of content and promotions across website and marketing channels to assess incrementality
- Work across the organization to understand the needs of internal stakeholders, translating business questions into analysis, producing ad-hoc and routine reporting as needed
- Develop digital user journey maps, identifying critical paths to conversion by segment and acquisition channel, providing insights to Digital Product team to inform web development and personalization roadmap
- Analyze customer data, including lifecycle and purchase patterns, tracking performance over time among key segments
- Utilize key customer insights to identify new opportunities and drive marketing, merchandising and clienteling strategies
- Refine and maintain site tagging, pixel and UTM strategies to support highly accurate, granular data collection
- Develop long-term analytics roadmap in concert with Digital Product team, including identifying and prioritizing new data functionalities, key investments and technologies
- Democratize access to data across the organization, enabling self-service analytics where possible, and championing the use of data to inform all aspects of the business
- Roll up your sleeves and fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup)
- 7+ years of analytics and digital optimization experience, DTC startup experience a plus
- Growth hacker mentality, driven to understand the “why” and “what’s next”
- Extensive experience working directly in Google Analytics or comparable platform and BI tools (Tableau, Looker)
- Expertise in implementation and rollout of business intelligence tools to support organizations in rapid growth phase
- Deep understanding of digital marketing KPIs and optimizations
- Ability to transform data-driven insights into actionable strategic recommendations, communicating these findings across all levels of the organization
- Strong background in A/B testing, including strategy, execution and performance measurement
- In-depth understanding of customer-facing data usage, including on-site personalization and marketing channel optimization
- Highly organized, detail oriented, analytical mindset
- Proactive self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- An avid learner, excited about assimilating new concepts and technologies in the ever-evolving digital landscape
- Thrives in a tight-knit community of colleagues bound by mutual respect and a shared mission, willingness to work at all levels to support the team
- Desire to make a positive impact in the world and the day-to-day team culture
- Passion for the job and The Citizenry’s brand and vision
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
We believe a design can only be as beautiful as the environment in which it’s made, so we demand quality – not just in the products we create, but also in the lives of the artisans we work with. We partner with thousands of artisans to craft our exclusive collections, and on average, they are paid wages two times the Fair Trade requirement. Together, we are setting new standards for retail.
The Citizenry was recently named one of Fast Company’s Top 20 Most Innovative Retail Companies and Interbrand’s Top Breakthrough Brands of 2020. Since launching in August 2014, the company has been featured in The New York Times, Financial Times, Vogue, and many other publications.
We chose the name “The Citizenry” to reflect the collective of individuals – artisans, designers, and dreamers – who rally together across cultures and continents to bring our collections to life.
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and believe our team is better when we have different perspectives, identities, origins, and abilities working together.
We welcome your application and look forward to getting to know you and your story.
Some benefits & perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Three weeks/year flexible vacation time
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k matching program up to 4% of base salary
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Access to a beautiful on-site gym
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Flexible in-office schedule, planning 2 - 3 days in Dallas office
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
- Relocation package, if needed
Click here to submit your application.