Are you passionate about the next generation of brand building? Think in 140 characters? Dream in Instagram filters? Do you get pumped about playing an integral (and not always easy) role in a small, fast-paced startup environment? If so, The Citizenry’s Marketing Internship may be right up your alley.
The Citizenry is a socially conscious home décor company reinventing the way you shop for your home. Country by country, we partner with master artisans, blending our modern style with their time-tested techniques.
We are currently seeking a Marketing Intern who will help in the development and execution of brand initiatives that tell our story across all channels. This position will allow you to gain experience in digital strategy, social media, and influencer campaigns. With no two days alike, you’ll be learning a lot with us.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Marketing chops. You’ve executed projects that have demonstrated an understanding of and ability to apply strategic brand concepts.
- Social media maven. You’ve got a solid understanding of social media and how the channels fit into brands’ overarching marketing strategies.
- Problem solver. You take action. You see a problem and quickly move to resolve it.
- Organized juggler. You take a busy day in stride. You can handle multiple projects and manage your time well.
- All about the details. You pay attention to the little things.
- A sense of humor. You don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Bonus points if you’ve got a knack for creative copywriting or an eye for beautiful design. You can spot what posts are going to be hits on social media. You can pick blogger partners with an engaging design aesthetic.
- Brainstorm brand and influencer opportunities and assist in outreach
- Create social media posts and manage content calendar
- Scout photo shoot locations and assist in styling and set-up
- Research best-in-class e-commerce companies and provide ongoing insights
- Manage showroom – welcoming visitors and keeping track of inventory and re-stocking
- Create an organized (and creative!) office environment – stocking supplies and helping manage events that fuel an innovative culture
- Roll up your sleeves and help fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup)
- Able to work 15 to 20 hours per week for 10 to 12 weeks
- Able to bring laptop computer
- Able to commit to living in Dallas for the duration of the internship
- Must be pursuing a degree in business, e-commerce, marketing, or creative/advertising field
As part of working at The Citizenry, you’ll get discounts for some really pretty home goods & weekly Friday breakfasts with the team. All internships are for college credit or weekly stipend.
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model.
In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August 2014, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, The Financial Times, Vogue, InStyle, GQ, Apartment Therapy, and Monocle.
If you’re up for this challenge, please send an email to email@example.com by November 30 including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Spring Marketing Intern Application – [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- What is your 140-character (limit) manifesto or biography? Get creative.
- What excites you most about this role? And what unique skills will you bring to the team? (7 sentences or less)
- OPTIONAL: If you want to earn some major brownie points, post an Instagram that gives us insight into why you’d be a stellar fit for The Citizenry Team. Feel free to have some fun here – the only requirement is to tag @the_citizenry (in comment and photo) to make sure we see it.