Hours: Minimum of 20 hours a week
Are you passionate about marketing? Do you think in Instagram posts? Get pumped about photoshoots? Interest piqued by home décor and startups? If so, then we may have an internship that’s right up your alley.
The Citizenry is a socially conscious home décor company reinventing the way you shop for your home. Country by country, we partner with master artisans, blending our modern style with their time-tested techniques.
We are currently seeking a Marketing Intern who will help in the development and execution of brand initiatives that tell our story across all channels. You’ll be working directly with our Brand Marketing Director, Co-Founder, and Creative Team to facilitate press/influencer relationships, manage photo shoots, and curate content to support product launches and promotional campaigns. With no two days alike, you’ll be learning a lot with us.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Marketing chops. You’ve got some relevant experience under your belt. You’ve demonstrated an understanding of and ability to apply marketing concepts.
- Social media maven. You’ve got a solid understanding of social media and how it fits with brand strategy.
- Design buff. You’ve got an eye for great design. You can spot what posts are going to be hits on social media. You can pick the blog partners with an engaging design aesthetic.
- Problem solver. You take action. You can not only identify problems, but you are the one to solve it
- Juggler. You take a busy day in stride. You can handle multiple projects and manage your time well.
- All about the details. You pay attention to the little things.
- A sense of humor. You don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Manage all conversations on social media – bring “voice of consumer” to life for the larger team.
- Grow influencer programs and work closely with Brand Marketing Director and Creative Team to develop content/campaigns.
- Help in the execution of photography (managing shoots) – scout locations, create shot lists, source props, etc.
- Organize and curate imagery for site and social channels.
- Create social media posts and manage content calendar.
- Review all creative materials with a detailed and strategic eye to ensure they’re error-free, on-brand, and align with the goals of the project.
- Research best-in-class e-commerce companies and provide ongoing insights.
- Roll up your sleeves and help fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup)
- Able to work consistent hours from week to week
- Able to bring laptop computer
- Able to commit to living in Dallas for the duration of the internship
- Must be pursuing a degree in business, e-commerce, marketing, or creative/advertising field
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model.
In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August 2014, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, The Financial Times, Vogue, InStyle, GQ, Apartment Therapy, and Monocle.
If you love the sound of this role and would like to apply, please send an email to email@example.com including your answers to the questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Marketing Intern Application – [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- What is your 140-character (limit) manifesto or biography? Get creative.
- What excites you most about this role? And what unique skills will you bring to the team? (7 sentences or less)