Douro Accent Rug - Multiple Sizes
Handwoven in Portugal by
Masterfully hand-loomed and tufted using thick sheep’s wool, this chunky accent rug is one of the softest and most luxurious rugs your toes will ever touch. With its speckled oatmeal hue and textured weave, this piece brings an extra dose of cozy to any bedroom or den.
Handcrafted by a master weaver named Fatima who lives and works near Portugal’s beautiful Douro Valley, each rug takes almost 3 days to complete. All made start-to-finish in a fair trade environment.
- MEASUREMENTS: Small: 3’W x 5’L; Medium: 5’W x 8’L
- MATERIALS: 100% Locally-sourced Sheep’s Wool
- COLOR: Oatmeal (Since this a natural product, expect variation in color)
- ORIGIN: Portugal
All our rugs are made from the finest natural materials. We choose pure sheep or llama wools, dye them carefully, and weave them for strength. Following these suggestions will ensure your rugs can be treasured for a lifetime.
Vacuum rugs lightly and avoid direct and prolonged sunlight exposure.
If the stain was caused by liquid, act quickly to prevent from drying – use paper towels to absorb.
When in doubt, professional dry cleaning is always going to be your best bet. If you do decide to take matters into your own hands, a few tips for you:
- For wine, coffee, or tea, apply a solution of warm water, detergent and white vinegar with a damp sponge. Wipe with clean cloth and let dry.
- For oil, chocolate, lipstick, nail polish, or ink, scrub or scrape the stained area first. Then apply a solution of hot water and detergent with a clean cloth to absorb as much of the stain as possible. If required, leave the wet cloth overnight before wiping with a clean cloth to dry.