Handwoven in Mexico by
Hand-dyed using native plant extracts, this rug features a handsome combination of color. Its soft grey base, accented by dusty blue and charcoal grey, creates a striking, yet subtle palette that’s perfect for styling in a bedroom or kitchen.
Designed using traditional Zapotec patterns, this rug is handcrafted by a fair trade cooperative in Oaxaca. Each one takes a full week to complete - from start to finish, this rug is meticulously crafted by hand, with no two alike.
This beauty is also available as a wall hanging.
- MEASUREMENTS: 2' W x 3' H or 3' W x 5' H
- MATERIALS: 100% sheep's wool
- COLORS: Light grey base with charcoal, cream, and dusty blue accents
- ORIGIN: Mexico
All our rugs are made from the finest natural materials. We choose pure sheep or llama wools, dye them carefully, and weave them for strength. Following these suggestions will ensure your rugs can be treasured for a lifetime.
Vacuum rugs lightly and avoid direct and prolonged sunlight exposure.
If the stain was caused by liquid, act quickly to prevent from drying – use paper towels to absorb.
When in doubt, professional dry cleaning is always going to be your best bet. If you do decide to take matters into your own hands, a few tips for you:
- For wine, coffee, or tea, apply a solution of warm water, detergent and white vinegar with a damp sponge. Wipe with clean cloth and let dry.
- For oil, chocolate, lipstick, nail polish, or ink, scrub or scrape the stained area first. Then apply a solution of hot water and detergent with a clean cloth to absorb as much of the stain as possible. If required, leave the wet cloth overnight before wiping with a clean cloth to dry.
Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated. Share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too!
Beautiful Rug, But Sides Are Not Straight
The rug is beautiful, colors are true to the website, and the wool is nice and thick. My concern is with the wavy sides of the rug as they are not straight like the website picture. I've previously heard that straight lines on a rug indicate level of true craftsmanship and to seek a rug with straight lines when laid flat. Was a bit disappointed with my purchase.
Hi Andrea, Thanks for your note. We work closely with our artisan partners to create products that showcase the best materials and the best craftsmanship from around the world, and we're sorry we fell short here. Our client experience team has reached out to you directly to coordinate a sending a replacement rug your way, so you can enjoy this beauty in your home! Thanks so much for making The Citizenry a part of your space. Best, - The Citizenry Team