The Citizenry was created to celebrate the best craftsmanship around the world, and brand storytelling is an integral part of bringing that vision to life. We are seeking a Marketing Operations Associate to oversee the orchestration of our creative process from start to finish.
You must be a master juggler – able to keep track of multiple projects, deadlines, and deliverables. You will be the hub in the wheel, collaborating across all departments to ensure brand and creative workflows are moving along without a hitch.
This role reports to the VP of Brand & Marketing and collaborates with design, fulfillment, retail, performance marketing, creative, ecommerce, and operations to deliver best-in-class creative executions.
- Oversee the brief intake from cross-functional teams for creative projects and define the scope of work, project timelines, resourcing, communication, and reporting to align projects across teams.
- Drive prioritization of all creative projects and help negotiate trade-offs across teams.
- Oversee packaging and labelling workflows, partnering with the product design, creative, and fulfillment teams to align on copy, technical specifications, deadlines, and final deliverables .
- Manage direct mail/catalog process as the primary liaison with vendors and printers, ensuring timely delivery of creative assets, overseeing proofing rounds and revisions, and managing budgets and invoicing.
- Support Photography & Content Manager in execution of photoshoots, help with pre-production, ensuring availability of samples and props, sourcing locations, renting Uhauls, negotiating contracts, and coordinating travel for all teams.
- Drive continuous improvement of project management processes by identifying opportunities in existing processes, working with teams to enhance efficiency and effectiveness and designing new processes as needed.
- Identify and solve potential roadblocks early in the process, proactively communicating risks to key stakeholders to ensure work is delivered on time.
- Roll up your sleeves and fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup).
- 3+ years in-house or agency creative project management/creative operations experience.
- Experience across marketing channels: digital, retail, advertising, marketing, social, print.
- Experience with project management software, such as Basecamp or Asana.
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies and understanding of creative projects and workflows.
- Fast working, diligent, and thoughtful; Bonus points for a sense of humor.
- Strong business acumen, a solution-oriented mindset, and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, set priorities, and self-manage against tight timelines.
- Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment.
- Passion for the job and The Citizenry’s brand vision.
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
We believe a design can only be as beautiful as the environment in which it’s made, so we demand quality – not just in the products we create, but also in the lives of the artisans we work with. We partner with thousands of artisans to craft our exclusive collections, and on average, they are paid wages two times the Fair Trade requirement. Together, we are setting new standards for retail.
The Citizenry was recently named one of Fast Company’s Top 20 Most Innovative Retail Companies and Interbrand’s Top Breakthrough Brands of 2020. Since launching in August 2014, the company has been featured in The New York Times, Financial Times, Vogue, and many other publications.
We chose the name “The Citizenry” to reflect the collective of individuals – artisans, designers, and dreamers – who rally together across cultures and continents to bring our collections to life.
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and believe our team is better when we have different perspectives, identities, origins, and abilities working together.
We welcome your application and look forward to getting to know you and your story.
Some benefits & perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Three weeks/year flexible vacation time
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k matching program up to 4% of base salary
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Access to a beautiful on-site gym
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Flexible in-office schedule, planning 2 - 3 days in Dallas office
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
- Relocation package, if needed
Click here to submit your application (no cover letter required).