Handwoven in Mexico by
Thanks to an intricate process of mixing natural wool fibers (no dyes here!), this area rug features a subtle, yet textured grey hue. And bonus, this mixing technique also ensures the yarn is heavier and softer than usual – the perfect base layer for building out a room.
Handwoven and hand-dyed by a cooperative of sixty women weavers in Oaxaca, each one takes almost three weeks to complete. All made start-to-finish in a fair trade environment.
- MEASUREMENTS: 6' W x 9' H
- MATERIALS: 100% sheep's wool
- COLORS: Marled grey and cream
- ORIGIN: Mexico
All our rugs are made from the finest natural materials. We choose pure sheep or llama wools, dye them carefully, and weave them for strength. Following these suggestions will ensure your rugs can be treasured for a lifetime.
Vacuum rugs lightly and avoid direct and prolonged sunlight exposure.
If the stain was caused by liquid, act quickly to prevent from drying – use paper towels to absorb.
When in doubt, professional dry cleaning is always going to be your best bet. If you do decide to take matters into your own hands, a few tips for you:
- For wine, coffee, or tea, apply a solution of warm water, detergent and white vinegar with a damp sponge. Wipe with clean cloth and let dry.
- For oil, chocolate, lipstick, nail polish, or ink, scrub or scrape the stained area first. Then apply a solution of hot water and detergent with a clean cloth to absorb as much of the stain as possible. If required, leave the wet cloth overnight before wiping with a clean cloth to dry.
Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated. Share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too!
We purchased the La Cima rug a month ago to match our bico bed blanket. The rug is stunning. The colors of the rug brighten and ties our bedroom together beautifully. We purchased a rug pad to put underneath the La Cima Rug so the rug doesn’t move around. It’s been a joy. Thank you The Citizenry for bringing us high quality, beautifully designed home goods.