The Citizenry is looking for a talented Senior Copywriter to freelance 15-20+ hours/week with our in-house creative team.
You are a storyteller at heart, with a knack for crafting language that inspires. All of our designs are inspired by distinct cultures and ethically crafted by master artisans in far-off destinations; it’s your job to bring those stories to life.
Being a strategic thinker is critical. You must know how to keep a core idea intact and write multiple versions of it. This is a fast-moving business where a change in copy can have a massive ripple effect. You should have a baseline understanding of online marketing best practices including email campaigns, SEO, SEM, and keyword targeting.
The Citizenry’s creative team is based in Dallas, TX. While it’s a plus to be in this location, this role can be based anywhere in the U.S.
The ideal candidate has a background in retail, e-commerce, and/or product copy. Bonus points for working with a leading, digitally-charged brand that’s paving the way in its respective industry. Here are just some of the projects you’ll be charged with:
- Work with Marketing & Ecommerce teams to develop copy for key site initiatives and collection launches
- Collaborate with Product Design team to learn the ins and outs of new designs and craft compelling product descriptions
- Learn the stories of our artisan partners and write narratives to help people understand the people and processes behind each design
- Write copy for in-package experience – from packing slips to thank you notes, you will craft clear, concise copy that turns a customer into brand advocate
- Dive into the day-to-day of email at The Citizenry, producing fresh, thoughtful, on-brief copy for 2-3 campaigns/week
- Hop in to craft copy for various marketing channels when time allows, including social posts, direct mail, press pitches, events, in-store signage, and paid media
- Roll up your sleeves and fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup)
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 2-5 years of experience with a strong digital portfolio
- An eye for the details – no typos or grammar slips here
- Flexibility to write quickly and efficiently on tight deadlines
- Knowledge of SEO, SEM and online marketing strategies
- Receptive to direction and capability to apply feedback to creative work
- Ability to multitask and juggle competing priorities
- Passion for the job and The Citizenry’s brand vision
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
We believe a design can only be as beautiful as the environment in which it’s made, so we demand quality – not just in the products we create, but also in the lives of the artisans we work with. We partner with thousands of artisans to craft our exclusive collections, and on average, they are paid wages two times the Fair Trade requirement. Together, we are setting new standards for retail.
The Citizenry was recently named one of Fast Company’s Top 20 Most Innovative Retail Companies and Interbrand’s Top Breakthrough Brands of 2020. Since launching in August 2014, the company has been featured in The New York Times, Financial Times, Vogue, and many other publications.
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and believe our team is better when we have different perspectives, identities, origins, and abilities working together.
We welcome your application and look forward to getting to know you and your story.
Click here to submit your application.