The Citizenry partners with thousands of artisans all over the world to bring their storied, time-tested craftsmanship to the modern home. Our goal? Create a new type of home decor shopping experience that delivers inspiring designs ‒ and the stories behind them ‒ with unprecedented standards of quality, transparency, and social responsibility.
We are seeking a Sales Associate to play a critical role in our Flagship store in Soho, NYC. In this role, you’ll help develop and execute standards of excellence that will be rolled out to all future store locations. You’ll be a source of design inspiration and styling advice to customers, as well as a true representative of The Citizenry brand.
Our ideal candidate is experienced and a team player — willing to go above and beyond to deliver a truly exceptional customer experience to The Citizenry community.
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience and drive business by forming new relationships and engaging with loyal customers IRL.
- Develop, manage, and maintain a client-based business at a high level.
- Serve as a passionate, knowledgeable brand representative and stylist who engages effectively with customers to provide expert home styling advice across all product categories.
- Quickly become an expert on our products (including staying up-to-date on new product / collection launches).
- Know and actively contribute to meeting monthly / quarterly / annual sales goals and KPIs.
- Develop expertise in our POS (Point of Sale) system and process transactions without errors; execute store opening and closing procedures.
- Actively maintain store and stockroom organization; ensure merchandise on the sales floor meets brand standards.
- Comply effectively with inventory control procedures.
- Push us! Proactively identify new opportunities to drive sales, improve customer experience, and create more efficient processes.
- Proven 2-3 years (or more) of specialty retail experience at a strong brand.
- Boutique, luxury, or contemporary experience preferred (bonus points for fashion or home decor).
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales and grow business (bonus points for a track record of over-performing against sales goals).
- A friendly and energetic personality with an emphasis on delivering exceptional customer service and sales.
- Desire to make a positive impact in the world and the day-to-day team culture.
- Passion for the job and The Citizenry’s brand and vision.
- Weekend availability required; flexible working schedule a must — including weekends, events, evenings, etc.
- Strong written and verbal skills (bonus points for additional language skills).
- Ability to carry 25-50 lb. boxes as well as bend, reach, lift, and move stock and products.
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
We believe a design can only be as beautiful as the environment in which it’s made, so we demand quality – not just in the products we create, but also in the lives of the artisans we work with. We partner with thousands of artisans to craft our exclusive collections, and on average, they are paid wages two times the Fair Trade requirement. Together, we are setting new standards for retail.
The Citizenry was recently named one of Fast Company’s Top 20 Most Innovative Retail Companies and Interbrand’s Top Breakthrough Brands of 2020. Since launching in August 2014, the company has been featured in The New York Times, Financial Times, Vogue, and many other publications.
We chose the name “The Citizenry” to reflect the collective of individuals – artisans, designers, and dreamers – who rally together across cultures and continents to bring our collections to life.
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and believe our team is better when we have different perspectives, identities, origins, and abilities working together.
We welcome your application and look forward to getting to know you and your story.Some benefits and perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Competitive hourly pay.
- Robust quarterly commission structure.
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
Click here to apply.