Design an initial upholstery collection consisting of 3 side chairs, 3 benches, and 2 beds. Upon completion of the upholstery designs, there is an opportunity to extend the contract for a second project designing wood furniture for living and bedroom spaces as well as long-term opportunities. Create detailed specifications for these designs to share with our furniture manufacturing partners. Review and edit/approve final CAD’s from our furniture partner for these designs and additional designs that the partner is already working on. Review samples (potentially in person in North Carolina and California) and create comments. Fabric and material selection for each style - keeping in mind sustainability and price point.
- 10-15 years of Furniture Design experience.
- Experience designing all categories of furniture - Upholstery and Wood Furniture in Living, Bedroom, and Dining.
- Experience in selecting sustainable upholstery fabrics, fill materials, wood accents, etc.
- Able to provide detailed specifications for our furniture manufacturing, review CAD’s from furniture partners and provide feedback.
- Able to review samples and provide feedback (potentially in person).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across global culture.
- Passion for the job and The Citizenry’s brand and vision.
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
We believe a design can only be as beautiful as the environment in which it’s made, so we demand quality – not just in our designs we create, but also in the lives of the artisans we partner with. We partner with thousands of artisans to craft our exclusive collections, and on average, each is paid wages that are more than two times the fair-trade standard.
The Citizenry was recently named one of Fast Company’s Top 20 Most Innovative Retail Companies and one of Interbrand’s Top Breakthrough Brands of 2020. Since launching in August 2014, the company has been featured in The New York Times, Financial Times, Vogue, and many other publications.
We chose the name “The Citizenry” to reflect the collective of individuals – artisans, designers, and dreamers – who rally together across cultures and continents to set new standards for the industry.
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and believe our team is better when we have different perspectives, identities, origins, and abilities working together.
We welcome your application and look forward to getting to know you and your story.
Click here to submit your application. Please be sure to include your resume AND link to a portfolio. Thank you!