The Citizenry partners with artisans around the world to create home goods that blend our modern style with their time-tested craftsmanship. We sell our exclusive collections online and at our New York flagship store, delivering new standards of quality, transparency, and social responsibility for the category.
That’s where you come in. We are currently seeking a junior analyst for the summer to help dig into the ever-evolving data and assist with inventory management, product development projections and strategic analysis. As a part of the Planning Team, you’ll gain critical insights into the levers used to grow an e-commerce start-up into a thriving home décor brand. Your analysis will serve as the basis for strategic decisions and purchase order recommendations, so detail orientation is key.
This is an opportunity to gain experience in a cross-functional role working closely with Production, Product Development, Design and E-commerce teams to provide leverage with accurate, real-time data and adhoc analysis.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Proficiency in math and advanced use of Microsoft Excel.
- Burning curiosity - thrilled by complex problems. You love the opportunity to use limited data to diagnose challenging problems (and a must in our fast-moving world!).
- Excellent written communication skills – can quickly and efficiently share ideas and updates across teams (including senior leadership).
- All about the details. You pay attention to the little things, consistently reviewing and questioning the data to ensure the final results provide an accurate and adequate explanation.
- Process driven. You’re a logical thinker and you’re driven to create and perfect processes to improve efficiency.
- Proactive problem solver. From identifying an issue to quickly crafting a creative solution, it’s all in your wheelhouse.
- Organized juggler. Prioritizing and tackling a list of to-dos for multiple projects is all in a day’s work for you.
- Bonus points for experience with inventory management.
- Passion for the job and The Citizenry’s brand vision.
- Assist with weekly sales & inventory recaps that are distributed to the rest of the team (so accuracy and clarity are of paramount importance)
- Using historical data & accurate sales forecasting, assist Planning Manager in monitoring inventory need at a sku-level to align supply with demand as much as possible
- Partner with Production and Accounting to draft accurate and optimized Purchase Orders that align with business goals and Product Development needs
- Work with Planning Manager & Director to crunch large data sets, crafting analysis and recommendations that leadership can use to aid strategic decision-making
- Roll up your sleeves and help fill in gaps when needed (after all, we are a startup)
- Able to work at least 40 hours per week for 10 – 12 weeks
- Able to bring laptop computer
- Able to work locally in Dallas for the duration of the internship is a plus
- Must be pursuing a BA, BS or higher degree. Bonus points if you’ve worked in planning, analytics and/or retail merchandising projects in the past.
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model.
Since launching in August 2014, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, The Financial Times, Vogue, InStyle, GQ, Apartment Therapy, and Monocle.
We chose the name “The Citizenry” to reflect the collective of individuals – artisans, designers, and dreamers – who rally together across cultures and continents to create something beautiful.
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and believe our team is better when we have different perspectives, identities, origins, and abilities working together.
We welcome your application and look forward to getting to know you and your story.
If you would like to apply, please send an email to Jessica@the-citizenry.com including your answer to the questions below. Title the email “Planning Intern Application – [Your Name]” and attach your resume.
- What is your 140-character (limit) manifesto or biography? Get creative.
- What excites you most about this role? And what unique skills will you bring to the team? (7 sentences or less)
BONUS POINTS: Tell us about a time you used data to tell a story or drive a decision.