The Citizenry celebrates the people behind our products. Our goal is to shine a light on all the artisans, makers, designers and dreamers that work across countries and cultures to bring our collections to life. In fact, that’s why our co-founders picked the name “The Citizenry” years ago.
We are seeking a VP of People Operations to help us grow team (our most important asset), deepen culture, and build up the people of The Citizenry. The ideal candidate will play a critical role scaling the business by finding, hiring, and growing exceptional talent to further our mission.
We’re looking for a natural leader who has the skills to identify and to recruit great people – smart, hardworking team players. Ultimately, this role is focused on building The Citizenry’s leadership team as we scale post Series B. You’ll help us refine our recruitment and onboarding experience to ensure a top-notch candidate experience. As thought partner and trusted advisor, you will report into our Co-founder & President, Rachel Bentley. You will hire a Manager of People Operations to manage the day to day work of onboarding, team engagement, and off boarding so you can focus on recruiting. Though our offices are in Dallas, we are embracing a hybrid model of in-office and remote work and are flexible on location for this position.
- Facilitate full-cycle recruitment, from kickoff meetings to signed offer letters, by collaborating with department team leads to attract, assess, and determine top candidates
- Build and maintain a strong candidate pipeline through both established and new channels
- Work directly with executive and senior candidates to create compelling offers and an impressive recruiting experience that ensures we’re consistently closing deals with the top choice candidates
- Orchestrate a hiring process that is robust, efficient, and unbiased for all candidates
- Define what a best-in-class new hire experience looks like at The Citizenry, and create the systems, tools, and training to scale that vision across the organization. You’ll oversee onboarding and off-boarding strategies implemented by a junior manager on your team.
- Partner with co-founders and external consultants on People Programs, including performance reviews, trainings, and culture initiatives.
- Maintain Team Compensation database, including both historical and scheduled promotions, maternity leaves, raises, and bonuses
- Track Team budgets & forecasts on a monthly basis with Accounting and Finance teams
- Deliver regular reports to help measure and track our success rates & engagement
- Self-starter with 10+ years of full-cycle recruiting and/or people operations experience
- Past success in organizational talent acquisition strategy
- Preferred experience in digital retail, home goods, creative, or startup industry sectors
- Experience using LinkedIn Recruiter necessary; Lever, Gusto & Zenefits a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, ability to self-manage competing demands
- Strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills across all contexts
- Exceptional judgement, discretion, and creativity across changing situations and needs
- Masterful organizational skills, ability to work with precision and consistent follow through “People first” mindset with a passion for enhancing workplace connections and culture
- Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and help wherever needed.
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
We believe a design can only be as beautiful as the environment in which it’s made, so we demand quality – not just in the products we create, but also in the lives of the artisans we work with. We partner with thousands of artisans to craft our exclusive collections, and on average, they are paid wages two times the Fair Trade requirement. Together, we are setting new standards for retail.
The Citizenry was recently named one of Fast Company’s Top 20 Most Innovative Retail Companies and Interbrand’s Top Breakthrough Brands of 2020. Since launching in August 2014, the company has been featured in The New York Times, Financial Times, Vogue, and many other publications.
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and believe our team is better when we have different perspectives, identities, origins, and abilities working together.
We welcome your application and look forward to getting to know you and your story.
Click here to submit your application.