The Citizenry’s two co-founders are seeking a proactive, smart, and hyper-organized Executive Assistant to serve as their “right hand” to help them stay on track and support the needs of their growing teams. This role will oversee key tasks required to manage office and team logistics, while helping the co-founders foster a work environment that is the most thoughtful and inspiring place to work in Dallas.
In short, the ideal candidate is someone who is always thinking ahead and will ultimately know what’s in the co-founders’ heads without them providing much detail. We run 100+ miles per hour, and this role requires someone who can keep up with multiple projects and priorities coming from every angle.
THE JOBCULTURE AND DEVELOPMENT
- Serve as the intermediary between staff and co-founders on all HR-related items, including drafting offer letters, onboarding scheduling, Employee Handbook updates, managing HR files, timesheet adjustments, and overseeing vacation requests.
- Set up performance reviews and maintain professional development calendars. Research and implement performance management software, as needed.
- Partner with Co-founder/COO to create a dashboard for employees to track equity compensation, monitor share prices, progress, and vesting schedule.
- Concept and orchestrate company events, large and small. From the Annual Summer Social and Holiday Party to monthly happy hours, retreats and outings - managing all the details to execute.
- Manage birthday celebrations and anniversary perks for twenty-person (and growing!) team. From procuring spa gift cards (one-year anniversary) to international trips (three-year anniversary), coordinate all logistics required to wrangle these always-expanding and fun perks.
- Provide high level administrative support, including handling relevant incoming/outgoing mail
- Coordinate travel arrangements for The Citizenry team, recruits, and visiting partners. This includes complex international scheduling of photoshoots and production visits.
- Support Marketing with photoshoot logistics, from scheduling U-hauls to on-set support
- Set up and coordinate conference calls, meals, etc. with partners and employees, as needed
- Create Co-founders’ expense reports and reconcile personal credit card statements monthly
- Coordinate Co-founders’ personal appointments, schedules, errands, and travel as needed
- Proactively manage Co-founders’ schedules, adjusting based on conflicts and weekly priorities
- Support Co-founders with time-keeping and managing the flow of key meetings, as needed
- Compose correspondence on behalf of Co-founders, including sensitive or confidential information, as needed
- Compile weekly lists of action items and follow-ups as required from respective Co-founders
- Lead note-taking, follow-up, action-planning, and progress reporting for key meetings/projects
- Ensure common areas are organized and optimized to bring efficiency and order to the team’s lives. The more beautiful the environment, the more inspired the work and ideas.
- Coordinate styling and décor updates for the office, as needed.
- Send internal communications and reminders regarding office events, requests, visitors, etc.
- Provide “first pass” trouble-shooting for IT/AV issues. Coordinate larger solutions, as needed.
- Re-organize and catalog photo shoot and sample closets (offsite), as needed.
- Manage and optimize office “snack strategy” based on team’s use, preference, and requests
- Own the process for incoming & outgoing mail & packages.
- Notice when employees are working hard/late, open a bottle of wine, and pre-order dinner
- Keep the office in visitor-ready condition
- Independent self-starter with at least 3 – 5 years’ experience in an Executive Assistant role
- Bonus for solid track record of progressively increased responsibility in a similar support role
- Ability to work in Word, PPT, Keynote, and Excel
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills, accountable for work every step of the way
- Life-long learner with a down-to-earth attitude and passion for enhancing workplace culture
- Highly organized and adaptable, able to remain poised under pressure and self-manage across tight timelines
- Driven to make a positive impact in the world and your day-to-day environment
- Desire to grow along with The Citizenry team – ready to adapt in a startup environment
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and help wherever needed.
ABOUT THE CITIZENRY:
The Citizenry is a modern home brand created to inspire people to fill their homes with more meaningful items crafted by the best artisans around the world.
By selling directly to consumers online, we’re able to offer handcrafted, luxury-quality home goods at more reasonable prices than high-end boutiques. We also believe our designs are only as beautiful as the environments in which they are made, so social innovation is an integral part of our model.
In addition to providing fair wages and working environments for all artisan partners, 10% of proceeds are invested back into artisan communities worldwide.
Since launching in August 2014, The Citizenry has been featured in The New York Times, Fast Company, Forbes, The Financial Times, Vogue, InStyle, GQ, Apartment Therapy, and Monocle.Some benefits and perks of working at The Citizenry:
- Three weeks/year flexible vacation time
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Fitness & Wellness reimbursement
- Inspiring office environment stocked with craft coffee and healthy snacks
- Friday breakfasts from the team’s favorite places
- Access to beautiful on-site gym
- Allowances and discounts for really pretty home goods
- Relocation package, if needed
Send an email to email@example.com with your resume and answers to the two questions below (no cover letter required). Title the email “Executive Assistant”– [Your Name].”
- What is your 140-character (limit) manifesto or biography? This is only the length of a tweet, so get creative.
- 1. What key “super power” would you bring to this role? What makes you uniquely qualified to support The Citizenry’s two co-founders and broader team based on the needs above? [No more than seven sentences]